DeNA

www.denajobs.com

So far a good experience

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Good work/life balance.
- Accessible place with many transportation options.
- Breakfast, lunch, free snacks/drinks (including energy drinks and beer).
- Reimbursement for gym, phone and Japanese lessons (our HQ is in Japan).
- Good compensation and benefits.
- Up-to-date workstations.
- A game room and nerf weapons available for nerf retaliation.
- Occasional sightings of a hilarious water vehicle that passes under the adjacent bridge.

ConsSome people seem unhappy, and you can see some of those opinions here. My message to them is:

- Making a hit game is hard. If certain game did not become a hit and that makes you unhappy, you will be unhappy at any other company. This is the reality of the industry. Just keep persevering.

- It is true that notable people have left the company, but it is a fallacy to think that the talent is gone. I've met many of the new hires, seen their work, and they are doing well. I've also seen our job postings and I am sure that the company has established reasonably high standards for prospect employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach time I've any feedback, I've discussed it with them openly, and the reception has been positive. I do not need to do it anonymously on this site.

A great place to get your career started

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: During most of my time at DeNA one of the core values was ownership. You'll have the opportunity… Cons: The business strategy continually pivoted. While not innately negative, past learnings… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

One of the most welcoming companies EVER!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DeNA full-time for less than a year

Pros: An extremely productive, yet relaxed, work environment. People who care about their job AND their… Cons: The commute can be pricey. But that's more an issue… Advice to Senior Management: Keep moving in the current direction. The expanding focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DeNA.

Worked for DeNA? Contribute to the Community!