There are newer employer reviews for DeNA

Great people, great vision, great (upcoming) games.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DeNA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are awesome and the culture is awesome! There are people from all walks of life that have come from mobile, console and many other places to work here.

If you want to get promoted, you will. Speak up and work hard and you'll be rewarded. Too many people are obsessed with immediate satisfaction and don't stay with the company long enough to really see the upside. Work hard, have fun and you'll have a job you will enjoy for years to come.

Work/Life balance is awesome. I enjoy working within my own hours and not required hours that are set arbitrarily .

The food is pretty amazing too...

Cons

The pay isn't the best. The office is a little meh...not your typical gaming company office space. No real hit titles yet, but they're coming! The desk pods are a bit annoying and not really conducive to communication. No real centralized area to play and engage with your coworkers (a MUST for a gaming company). Needs a proper centralized gaming area (not just tucked away in the corner of the office).

36 Other Employee Reviews for DeNA (View Most Recent)

My experience began wonderfully, and my role fulfilling, but studio management changed and things turned sour.

Former Employee - Lead Artist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Artist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture skewed positive, great location, nice perqs overall. Good work/life balance.

Cons

No longer a friendly environment for creatives, in fact I can say unequivocally that it had become hostile. I was told my job could be outsourced for less money.

Suggest a more merit based approach to executive level hiring and promotions. HR process and protocols should really be audited and perhaps overhauled to be in compliance with state and federal employment law, and best practices generally.

Engineers... If you want people to value what you do, stay away from this place.

I have been working at DeNA

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch, dinner.
    Comprehensive benefits.
    Flexible schedule.

Cons

- Upper management does not see the value that good engineering practices add to the company.
    - 'Transparency' is one of their core values but upper management always keeps everyone in the dark about.... pretty much everything.
    - 'Speak Up' is one of DeNA's core values but, if you 'Speak Up', you will be shown the door. This has happened to multiple people who are not with the company anymore.
    - Way too much politics. The ones who care and are competent get back-stabbed by upper management and the Japanese employees.
    - VERY toxic work environment.
    - People are leaving every week.

Get rid of that ego. You are trying to open a business in US, so, please, learn to reward people based on merit (other than ....)

There are newer employer reviews for DeNA

Worked for DeNA? Contribute to the Community!