DeNA

www.denajobs.com
  www.denajobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for DeNA

Great people, great vision, great (upcoming) games.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DeNA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are awesome and the culture is awesome! There are people from all walks of life that have come from mobile, console and many other places to work here.

If you want to get promoted, you will. Speak up and work hard and you'll be rewarded. Too many people are obsessed with immediate satisfaction and don't stay with the company long enough to really see the upside. Work hard, have fun and you'll have a job you will enjoy for years to come.

Work/Life balance is awesome. I enjoy working within my own hours and not required hours that are set arbitrarily .

The food is pretty amazing too...

Cons

The pay isn't the best. The office is a little meh...not your typical gaming company office space. No real hit titles yet, but they're coming! The desk pods are a bit annoying and not really conducive to communication. No real centralized area to play and engage with your coworkers (a MUST for a gaming company). Needs a proper centralized gaming area (not just tucked away in the corner of the office).

40 Other Employee Reviews for DeNA (View Most Recent)

10 years in the gaming industry and this is the worst job I've ever had.

I worked at DeNA

Pros

• Free food and impressive snack wall.

Cons

• Awful on-boarding process. My boss didn't even know I started my first day.
    • Poor communication with senior managers.
    • There is a core blame game that likes to get passed around if things don't go right.
    • Passive-aggressive and normal aggressive co-workers.
    • Working from home is a not a real option.
    • Language barriers

Generally speaking, there is a lot of blame and little accountability with senior management. If something doesn't go according to plan, they'll pick employees they don't like, put them on a project that isn't going well and set them up to fail.

DeNA Response

Jul 11, 2014VP Operations, DeNA West

Thank you for your feedback. As part of our on-boarding process we make sure all employees are set up for success and feel welcomed from day one; therefore I am sorry to hear you feel you did not ... More

Political garbage can with horrible execs

Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DeNA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Food, drinks, alcohol.
    - A culture team that somehow manages to throw decent events.
    - After working here for a while the job opportunities outside of the company increase
    - Highly overqualified and under utilized employees
    - If you play politics over work, you can go far here.

Cons

- Not a meritocracy
    - Inexperienced executives. They keep promoting themselves without having delivered anything. Executives are the reason this company is failing as they create a political work environment. Some don't realize how obvious it is to everyone they have no clue what they are doing,
    - Low salary, no real stock options, no bonuses
    - Politically infested and hostile work environment

Step down. Fire the whole executive team before they run the company into the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for DeNA