DeVry Education Group
www.devryeducationgroup.com Downers Grove, IL 5000+ Employees

"TEACH" values are on paper only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros* Free Education at DeVry and/or Keller
* Life / Work Balance
* Good Location for suburbanites
* OK Benefits

Cons* Power struggles between departments and personal agendas drove direction more so than what was best for the students or the company. Leadership did nothing to put a stop to the in-fighting, so the people in the trenches were having to work in this this disfunctional manner on a daily basis.
* None of the so-called TEACH values were exhibited by the people I worked with. Teamwork was horrible, lots of back-stabbing, finger-pointing and passive aggressive behaviors.
* There was absolutely no accountability, and as a manager who tried to incorporate accountability measures, I ended up losing. People who made severe mistakes and didn't deliver were shifted around and rewarded while those of us who were open and honest were punished.
* Lots of lip service paid to wanting to be an employer of choice and be on the forefront of technology, but leadership did very little to move DeVry in that direction.
* Misled about the direction I was headed career-wise. I was given a stellar review (including mention of potential promotion) and a great bonus, then 3 months later, was let go without any explanation. My supervisor never had any interim discussions with me about performance concerns. When I asked during the exit interview why I was being let go, the only thing HR would say is that it was an employee-at-will state.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clearly defined goals
Don't let unhealthy relationships between departments go on for years without intervening
The TEACH values are good ones, but unfortunately, are only on paper

Mandatory overtime is required and you're not paid for it since you're on salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DeVry Education Group

Pros: The benefits were pretty good and my co-workers were great. Cons: Expected you to work 80-90 hour weeks consistently with no overtime pay since you are on salary. Mandatory overtime was put into place… More

ok

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros: benefits are great and begin day one Cons: low pay for mangement but not for recruiters Advice to Senior Management: be aware of your suroundings More
There are newer reviews on DeVry Education Group.

Worked for DeVry Education Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DeVry Education Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DeVry Education Group CEO Daniel Hamburger. All reviews posted anonymously by DeVry Education Group employees.