DeVry Education Group
www.devryeducationgroup.com Downers Grove, IL 5000+ Employees

DeVry Inc. is a for-profit business, devoted to quality experience based teaching.

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DeVry Education Group part-time for more than a year

ProsDeVry is aggressively focused on growth, even in the face of recession. They have high standards for their staff, professors, and administration. There is room to grow with the company, especially if one is open to relocation. DeVry is partnered with other learning institutions, offering Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's degrees in fields ranging from Business/Management to Nursing and IT. They recruit from the top levels of management in many sectors and industries, providing students with real-live experiences to gain a great understanding of today's business world.

ConsDeVry's expansion program leads to some cuts and hiring freezes at the administrative level. There is a minimum of support staff and the Deans have an extremely heavy workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeVry wants active visible managers. They have the potential for rapid movement upward, and lateral shifts to other locations. Be prepared for hard-work. DeVry has standards for continuing education for senior staff, has generous benefits for vacation and health, and dependent's education.

Micromanagement and lack of opportunity

Admissions Advisor (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Enjoyed co-workers Matched the 401K Health Insurance and Paid personal days and… Cons: Management does not develop its human capital. Management does not work with employees to reconcile personal goals with the organizational goals to increase productivity… Advice to Senior Management: Perhaps you may reconsider the value of the human being, the mind, one's capabilities, and creativity. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Downers Grove, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fantastic company to work for. great culture. Everyone wants to… Cons: IT group is difficult to work with, there is always… Advice to Senior Management: IT needs to mellow down and work with business. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on DeVry Education Group.

Worked for DeVry Education Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DeVry Education Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DeVry Education Group CEO Daniel Hamburger. All reviews posted anonymously by DeVry Education Group employees.