There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

DeVry Online- a great place to teach!

Current Employee - Online Adjunct Faculty
Current Employee - Online Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

DeVry Online- I teach for DVUO as an adjunct (contractor) and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They pay higher than most for online teaching and have very good support systems in place and training for faculty. The new faculty training is the best I've seen. Faculty managers are supportive and back their faculty members, yet keep the students' fairness in mind. For instance, if plagiarism or other academic violations occur DVUO takes action. They may be a "for profit" institution but they *do* have high academic standards. I would recommend other online instructors to DeVry (although it's a lot harder to "get in" now than it was a few years ago due to the explosion of competition).

Cons

Maybe a bit more personalized recognition for the top-notch faculty members. I also hear rumblings on the faculty conference calls about it having been several years since pay was increased for adjuncts. We also hear "compliants" about lifting the credit hour teaching limit, but have been told it's being worked on. However, it seems to be taking quite a while so it would be nice if there was some progress on this one. Overall, though, DVUO is a wonderful place to teach.

Maybe do anonymous feedback surveys from the adjuncts to hear more about concerns/suggestions and implement ideas to the extent possible. There are many talented instructors out there who will probably have some great ideas!!

reviews filtered by
  1. Good employee perks

Current Employee - RN Faculty in North Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - RN Faculty in North Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

They pay for education if you are full time

Cons

Nursing faculty salaries could be higher

2. A challenge

I worked at DeVry Education Group

Pros

Good hours and flexible schedules.

Cons

Very political, lack of management integrity.

Trust your employees.