DeVry Education Group

www.devryeducationgroup.com

DeVry Online- a great place to teach!

Online Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee)

ProsDeVry Online- I teach for DVUO as an adjunct (contractor) and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They pay higher than most for online teaching and have very good support systems in place and training for faculty. The new faculty training is the best I've seen. Faculty managers are supportive and back their faculty members, yet keep the students' fairness in mind. For instance, if plagiarism or other academic violations occur DVUO takes action. They may be a "for profit" institution but they *do* have high academic standards. I would recommend other online instructors to DeVry (although it's a lot harder to "get in" now than it was a few years ago due to the explosion of competition).

ConsMaybe a bit more personalized recognition for the top-notch faculty members. I also hear rumblings on the faculty conference calls about it having been several years since pay was increased for adjuncts. We also hear "compliants" about lifting the credit hour teaching limit, but have been told it's being worked on. However, it seems to be taking quite a while so it would be nice if there was some progress on this one. Overall, though, DVUO is a wonderful place to teach.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe do anonymous feedback surveys from the adjuncts to hear more about concerns/suggestions and implement ideas to the extent possible. There are many talented instructors out there who will probably have some great ideas!!

Good Culture, Strong Focus on Values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros: Flexible work conditions -- implemented "Work from Home" policies and this is an option for most employees. Strong benefits package with good profit-sharing incentives and bonus… Cons: Some managers tend to show favoritism with perks Tough industry and… Advice to Senior Management: Change marketing approach and try to go back to basics… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Student Finance Analyst

Student Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work schedule, company values and culture are positive, leadership… Cons: Co-workers ability and competence is sub-par; if you work here you'll… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your quality talent, before they jump ship. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on DeVry Education Group.

Worked for DeVry Education Group? Contribute to the Community!