DeVry Education Group

www.devryeducationgroup.com
  www.devryeducationgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

DeVry Online- a great place to teach!

Current Employee - Online Adjunct Faculty
Current Employee - Online Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

DeVry Online- I teach for DVUO as an adjunct (contractor) and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They pay higher than most for online teaching and have very good support systems in place and training for faculty. The new faculty training is the best I've seen. Faculty managers are supportive and back their faculty members, yet keep the students' fairness in mind. For instance, if plagiarism or other academic violations occur DVUO takes action. They may be a "for profit" institution but they *do* have high academic standards. I would recommend other online instructors to DeVry (although it's a lot harder to "get in" now than it was a few years ago due to the explosion of competition).

Cons

Maybe a bit more personalized recognition for the top-notch faculty members. I also hear rumblings on the faculty conference calls about it having been several years since pay was increased for adjuncts. We also hear "compliants" about lifting the credit hour teaching limit, but have been told it's being worked on. However, it seems to be taking quite a while so it would be nice if there was some progress on this one. Overall, though, DVUO is a wonderful place to teach.

Maybe do anonymous feedback surveys from the adjuncts to hear more about concerns/suggestions and implement ideas to the extent possible. There are many talented instructors out there who will probably have some great ideas!!

138 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group (View Most Recent)

Specialist I

Former Employee - Specialist I
    Former Employee - Specialist I

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros

-Flexible schedule
    -Decent pay for the type of work that is done.

Cons

-Employees weren't on the same page regarding policy changes.
    -Mandatory overtime (nice when you need extra money, but difficult if the weekends are the only time you have to completer personal projects or appointment).
    -Little to no recognition

Greater communication is needed. Processes need to be streamlined so the whole team is on the same page.

Great place to learn the ropes and good benefits

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

good benefits and tuition reimbursement perks

Cons

No room for growth, some branches have deans thats have a high tower attitude

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group