DeVry Education Group

www.devryeducationgroup.com
  www.devryeducationgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

Great place to come to work everyday

Current Employee - Individual Contributer  in  Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Individual Contributer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very collaborative culture; mission driven; nice work life balance; suppportive HR leadership; high standards.

DeVry is in a time of change however this change is good. We are adapting to a changing environment and in doing so, staying relevant. We are using new technologies which create effeciancies. Students need these changes.

Yes, some change is hard but ultimately change is good and required. Some folks have a harder time understanding the need and reasons behind the change. If we didn't change, we wouldn't exist, plan and simple.

Cons

It would be nice to have a jeans day more often. :-)

keep communicating; change is necessary and welcomed when communicated correctly

122 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group (View Most Recent)

Overall, it is a great place to work. The grass isn't always greener on the other side

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Senior Leadership has great values and mission.

Cons

Very difficult to drive any type of change. Huge disconnect between Upper management and middle management

No one cares about you, but you....

Current Employee - Associate Professor  in  Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Professor in Pomona, CA

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Beats living under a bridge.

Cons

Management does not care about you, just the numbers. Lots of talk about "student success", but that really means that they keep paying. The constant cancellation of classes makes the students mad. When classes are canceled management says to take them on line. On campus students are on campus students for a reason. They don't want to take on line classes.

No leadership at all. Lots of internal brown nosing. When management sends out a personnel announcement the brown nosers quickly follow up with their lip smacking comments. This applies to the entire organization.

Academic faculty seems to be called upon to constantly fix the location's problems. Yet no one really listens to what you have to say. They just give you orders on what to do without considering the real problem.

Management is always putting out fires never preventing fires.

Get a clue. Learn to be leaders. This also applies to all of your metro and center managers in all of the USA as well. Each location has nothing but micro-management, no leaders at all. Saying you are "proud to be your leader" does not make you a leader. We cringe when we hear that.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

Worked for DeVry Education Group? Contribute to the Community!