Great place to come to work everyday

Current Employee - Individual Contributer  in  Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Individual Contributer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very collaborative culture; mission driven; nice work life balance; suppportive HR leadership; high standards.

DeVry is in a time of change however this change is good. We are adapting to a changing environment and in doing so, staying relevant. We are using new technologies which create effeciancies. Students need these changes.

Yes, some change is hard but ultimately change is good and required. Some folks have a harder time understanding the need and reasons behind the change. If we didn't change, we wouldn't exist, plan and simple.

Cons

It would be nice to have a jeans day more often. :-)

keep communicating; change is necessary and welcomed when communicated correctly

Other Reviews for DeVry Education Group

DeVry/Chamberlain/Keller Admissions Offices Naperville & Addison

Current Employee - Admission Advisor  in  Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Admission Advisor in Addison, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pretty good insurance 401k policies, education benefits, 2 week vacation, plus most major holidays, decent pay for entry level at low 40’s

Cons

Awful new hire training with too much micromanagement on everything you do with a ton of outbound dials to the same leads over and over. They record all your calls and make you listen to it and find the most ridiculous things to give you feedback on with a score. They want whats best for students, yet when a student can’t afford the DeVry tuition, the ADAs and DAs hammer the student with 2nd voicings to sway the student to change their mind and sign up with DeVry. We have to overcome every concern the students have and talk about the benefits we offer which is pretty much the same as any other school to make them star.

Overall, it is a great place to work. The grass isn't always greener on the other side

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Senior Leadership has great values and mission.

Cons

Very difficult to drive any type of change. Huge disconnect between Upper management and middle management

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group.

Worked for DeVry Education Group? Contribute to the Community!