DeVry Education Group

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

RN Faculty

Current Employee - Manager, Government Relations in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager, Government Relations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DeVry Education Group (more than an year)

Pros

The vision of the President

Cons

No everyone shares this vision and leadership style

Don't just assign, talk to your staff and faculty in order to obtain buy-in,if that is what you really want. Authoritative leadership styles are ineffective.

137 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn the ropes of a company environment...

I worked at DeVry Education Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was working there as a intern. I was given the opportunity for an intern position through a workshop I attended. It is a great place to work and learn if you are still in school. They allow you to go through many of the programs they have deployed and developed. You get the sense of the real-world experience working for a company from 9 to 5 work load. As an intern you get about $12.50 an hour, but I didn't complain. It was the experience that I wanted more.

Cons

The time here can be short and if you are looking to get a full-time job here, it may not happen. Of the 10 intern that applied for various intern positions, only one was given a full-time job because there is a need for this individual. There are a lot of departments where interns go the get experience in their respective fields, but they only hire if they need you. There is a possibility of full employment a few months down the line. I have known other interns who experienced that when they went through the internship program and where called a few months later, to fill in a need. This is mainly a job for learning and getting used to a company culture. To prepare you for the real-world.

None. There is some politics, but not enough for me to really gauge what was going on. For the most part, most of it was not my business.

Good company to work for, great benefits, awesome free tuition, not much room for growth at all.

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Addison, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Graduate Admissions is very flexible with their work schedule, the managers are very relaxed and the atmosphere is easy going. The benefits are great, you can get education benefits for free. The insurance and PTO benefits are good.

Cons

Annual raises are not based on performance, you basically get the same raise as everyone else in your pay grade, which is not great. Advancing to a different department is a joke, there is really no room for growth unless you wait years and years and it is still not guaranteed. Lots of advisors still in level one after years, the raises and promotions are subjective. They also do not recognize or compensate higher education.

Poor recognition, promote advisors that have been there for years and deserve it, appreciate employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group