DeVry Education Group

Get a Degree

Current Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor
Current Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

Very flexible, and much room to advance. I like the ability to go to my direct manager and ask questions about anything I need to discuss. My hours are flexible.

Cons

The pay is currently terrible. I feel the instructors need more filed experience before hired to teach this program. The education of the staff needs improvement. More science courses like anatomy and physiology, college level, required with proof.

The turn-over in instructors is due to being the LOWEST PAID medical assisting positions. Shouldn't it be opposite? Turn-over will keep increasing without the very needed and valuable MA instructors have an increasing pay scale. Strongly skilled and educated instructors should be interviewed more thoroughly. At least 10 years as a filed MA would be a good start. More employee educational classes and leadership classes should be provided.

138 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group (View Most Recent)

2 thumbs down

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

great benefits, 401k, dental, vision, paid time off,

Cons

micro-managed, mandatory overtime, incompetant managers, low pay

quit thinking of yourselves and advancing your career, a manager's career will advance if their employees careers advance.

Falsely represent job

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor
    Former Employee - Admissions Advisor

I worked at DeVry Education Group

Pros

Extensive training program (1 week) that does prepare you for the job, competitive pay + commission structure and good benefits.

Cons

Job is falsely portrayed as you being an advisor when it is in fact a sales/telemarketing role. You have to call the same leads 3 times a day and often times they did not request information or just hang up on you. Very tedious and no one seems happy at the job. The only reason I found that people stayed was to get their free MBA's but graduating from Keller won't take you too far in the real world sadly.

Change your recruiting tactics so the University is actually respected, state universities don't hassle or stalk students to get them to enroll and somehow you compare your self to their same level.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group