DeVry Education Group

Sad

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor
Current Employee - Admissions Advisor

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

Great Benefits along with paid time off.
Okay starting salary.
Tuition benefits.
Nice Co-workers
Decent cafeteria
ATM machine
Air conditioning

Cons

Poor management will kill Devry. Student are seen more as numbers 'attrition'. You feel like a vulture. Preying on the weakest undergraduate students to get them in just to make numbers, get a bonus and keep a job.. Sad but true. Can't say how many of them will actually graduate. Management appears to be so out of touch with the students and see them as a whole and not individuals..

Daniel!! Please fire the managers and hire some qualified educational administrators. Can just anyone be a manager. Devry has all the tools be a pioneer and change the way we think of higher education. So much potential, but they are setting themselves apart in the wrong ways.

122 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group (View Most Recent)

DeVry not a recommended employer

I worked at DeVry Education Group

Pros

Large organization, room for transfers to other departments

Cons

Promises aren't kept especially regarding internal client services. Leaves employees hanging.

I have talked to people who are currently applying for positions. In their words, they describe the current culture and interviewing process as "bizarre."

The vision of the company is far different than the actual culture. Revenue needs to measured by growth, not by property sold.

Get a Degree

Current Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant Instructor

I have been working at DeVry Education Group

Pros

Very flexible, and much room to advance. I like the ability to go to my direct manager and ask questions about anything I need to discuss. My hours are flexible.

Cons

The pay is currently terrible. I feel the instructors need more filed experience before hired to teach this program. The education of the staff needs improvement. More science courses like anatomy and physiology, college level, required with proof.

The turn-over in instructors is due to being the LOWEST PAID medical assisting positions. Shouldn't it be opposite? Turn-over will keep increasing without the very needed and valuable MA instructors have an increasing pay scale. Strongly skilled and educated instructors should be interviewed more thoroughly. At least 10 years as a filed MA would be a good start. More employee educational classes and leadership classes should be provided.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

Worked for DeVry Education Group? Contribute to the Community!