A challenging environment that above all pushes a student focused approach.

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry University

Pros

DeVry offers a great benefit package that is put in place from day one. They also give their employees the opportunity to buy up (5) extra vacation days, on top of the 5 that they already provide.

Another great reason to work for DeVry is you co-worker. They do a great job of bringing in a wide range of individuals that create a healthy and diverse work environment.

Cons

The opportunity for growth was always shaded. Although the industry has gone through extreme changes over the last year the chance to move up within the position was never clearly provided.

They need to continue to bridge the gap between advisers and outside opportunities within the origination. They appear to have addressed the promotion issue now, however there are still doubts about it's execution.

Other Reviews for DeVry University

I had a great team

Current Employee - Graduate Admissions Advisor  in  Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Graduate Admissions Advisor in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at DeVry University

Pros

Lots of training opportunities, healthy company

Cons

Inquiries have slowed down a lot, variances in experience from campus/centers

Fairly good company to work for.

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Admissions Advisor in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DeVry University

Pros

Recognized top performers and promoted, I enjoyed the people I worked with, provided professional development opportunities.

Cons

Very heavy emphasis on recruiting and starting students, but not making sure they are successful and graduate, not sure how valued a degree is from this institution so often felt like I was misleading people to complete a degree when I wasn't sure how it was viewed by potential employers. Middle management was not great.

You would receive better referrals and customer satisfaction if there was more support for currently enrolled students rather than just getting that prospective student to sign up.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!