DeVry University

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

Adjunct Instructor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at DeVry University as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

kept abreast of changes, family oriented

Cons

at times there was disconnect between publisher and school

keep up the good work

416 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

not recommended

Current Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

regular paychecks every two weeks, 401k matching although it is the lowest amount I've ever seen anywhere, flexwork and telecommuting are biggest draws. However, the telecommuting is almost necessary as I could not afford the commute on what I'm paid.

Cons

Very low pay, lack of leadership or oversight, very poor communication - simply top down with no employee involvement. Change is the only constant - employees are never involved in change efforts even though they are directly impacted by it and are responsible for implementing it. So many systems and databases - most don't talk to each other and all require separate login - it is rediculous. Data integrity is non existent yet they continue to make decisions with it. Overworked - with so many different and changing tasks I can't keep track of them. Career advancement , what little there is, is political and not actually based on skill set. Only 28 months to retirement - but I'll leave in a minute if I find another job.

Daniel - while you were off in London , while several hundred employees were getting laid off, and sending us those cute pictures, some of us were working and wondering if we'd be laid off next. Maybe you thought sending us notes about how much fun you were having at the olympics would improve morale. Get a clue! This was another example of your disconnect from the actual workings of your org.

Provides more than most students think to ask for!

Current Employee - Tutor in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in Fremont, CA

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunitiies for one-on-ones with experienced professionals; Opportunities are not easily found elsewhere

Cons

It's possible that you could do some hardcore professional networking and land yourself in the same position that DeVry offers

Keep rockin!