DeVry University

www.devry.edu
  www.devry.edu
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

I would have referred everyone I knew to this company prior to coming to this campus.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working directly with students and getting their feedback on how I can do my job better.

Cons

We have recently undergone major cuts and the department that I run is extremely spread thin. DeVry Inc. needs to realize that in order to get the results it desires in terms of services for its students, it needs to pay for and fund these resources as our people are spread way to thin. To me, this sends a mixed message from Home Office. I would much rather have resources to do my job effectively than a 401k annual profit share. Simply put, we get what we pay for. Invest in people.

Invest in people, stop micro managing and misleading your employees. Stop hiring your friends and creating positions for them while laying off existing ones. We are and always will be a commuter college. Stop trying to make us somthing we are not and holding people to unrealistic standards in the meantime.

405 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Horrific environment, morale is terrible!

Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great healthcare benefits, amazing PTO

Cons

Constantly making dumb changes, no concern for the students or employees, evil company, only cares about profit.

DeVry's financial aid department has such a negative image and I understand completely why. It is now common practice to disburse financial aid, give a refund, and then return the financial aid causing a balance on the student's account. The withdrawal policy is so unfair to students, instead of making it more reasonable why would you make it even more unfair and costly. Please lower your extremely high tuition costs. A dependent student should not have to take out additional loans to go full time. I literally want to come home and call new students back and tell them to find another school whose costs will not be as high and who will not cause them so many problems.

Student Finance Consultant

Former Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My team at that time and helping student find financial resources that would help assist in their education

Cons

Consist frictions between academic, registrar and admission. It seemed as if everyone wanted to pass the buck and not take responsibility. In addition, people were starting to do things because it was coming so driven by admission and getting student enrolled and not helping or considered with if Devry was the right fit for that student.

Focus on quality and not dollar signs!

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University