DeVry University

www.devry.edu

Management is AWOL from the corporate office to the local schools so the inmates(local managers) run the asylum.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Starting pay is decent for the market.

Cons

Where do you begin?
Poor working environment
Micromanagement
Educational facilities and equipment outdated and needs replaced
Arcane policies
Lip service to education but the truth is just put a but in the seat so we get paid
No advancement opportunities
Your input is not desired or needed because we will do it our way even if it is wrong
It seems everyone is looking for another job during the entire time while employed at DeVry.

The for profit model is broken and needs repaired. Please look into hiring individuals that can make cogent calls moving forward.

Other reviews for DeVry University

I would have referred everyone I knew to this company prior to coming to this campus.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have the pleasure of working directly with students and getting their feedback on how I can do my job better.

Cons

We have recently undergone major cuts and the department that I run is extremely spread thin. DeVry Inc. needs to realize that in order to get the results it desires in terms of services for its students, it needs to pay for and fund these resources as our people are spread way to thin. To me, this sends a mixed message from Home Office. I would much rather have resources to do my job effectively than a 401k annual profit share. Simply put, we get what we pay for. Invest in people.

Invest in people, stop micro managing and misleading your employees. Stop hiring your friends and creating positions for them while laying off existing ones. We are and always will be a commuter college. Stop trying to make us somthing we are not and holding people to unrealistic standards in the meantime.

Horrific environment, morale is terrible!

Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant  in  Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL

Pros

Great healthcare benefits, amazing PTO

Cons

Constantly making dumb changes, no concern for the students or employees, evil company, only cares about profit.

DeVry's financial aid department has such a negative image and I understand completely why. It is now common practice to disburse financial aid, give a refund, and then return the financial aid causing a balance on the student's account. The withdrawal policy is so unfair to students, instead of making it more reasonable why would you make it even more unfair and costly. Please lower your extremely high tuition costs. A dependent student should not have to take out additional loans to go full time. I literally want to come home and call new students back and tell them to find another school whose costs will not be as high and who will not cause them so many problems.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!