There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

It is a great experience and I love being a tutor.

Current Employee - Student Worker in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Student Worker in Houston, TX

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are several different pros. The first pro is that my boss is great and the second pro is that they will work around your school schedule. The third pro is that it is close and I enjoy what I am doing.

Cons

There are several different cons as well. The first con is that there is not a lot of room for personal growth. The second con is that it is only part-time hours.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Experience Used to be a great place to work The vision to educate with hands on experience was innovative and quite attractive especially since I had a traditional educational background and felt that I could have benefited more from hands on. That was a great selling tool for new students Great education reimbursement program

Cons

Too numbers driven, not focusing on whether the program and the university is the right choice for the student. Way too expensive, in the DC area there are Ivy league schools in the same tuition bracket. Favoritism, upper management not willing to hear the truth and punishes employees who dare speak up. Also there is no room for advancement if you work in certain depts., your interest in moving or changing job roles is seen somewhat as a betrayal and is rewarded in you getting demoted or fired. Worked there for over 5 years , consistently achieved goals, trained new employees and helped institute many of the current operations at the center and there was never any recognition or promotion. Only favorites were promoted and as it stands, I understand everyone has been fired and there are all new staff.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, I don't think management ever listens, it would be great to see a company actually take some of this feedback and do something productive with it. In HR we call it "Change Management". So that is my advice.

Good but lacked clear direction

Current Employee - Manager Local Accounts in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager Local Accounts in Denver, CO

I have been working at DeVry University full-time

Pros

Money is good but that's about it

Cons

No clear direction or consistent vision

Advice to Management

Listen to lower level employees