DeVry University

I have been working at DeVry University full-time

Pros

Great coworkers. Good benefits. Top of line technology and tools, to assist with job responsibilities.

Cons

Heavy micromanagement. Unrealistic expectations in regards to production. It is hard to get promoted from within.

It does not matter because the high level management execs, are out of touch with the reality of what happens with the day to day interactions within in the company, and they are too focused on reports to realize that reports are only a piece of what is really happening within the company.

Other Reviews for DeVry University

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Experience
    Used to be a great place to work
    The vision to educate with hands on experience was innovative and quite attractive especially since I had a traditional educational background and felt that I could have benefited more from hands on. That was a great selling tool for new students
    Great education reimbursement program

Cons

Too numbers driven, not focusing on whether the program and the university is the right choice for the student.
    Way too expensive, in the DC area there are Ivy league schools in the same tuition bracket.
    Favoritism, upper management not willing to hear the truth and punishes employees who dare speak up.
    Also there is no room for advancement if you work in certain depts., your interest in moving or changing job roles is seen somewhat as a betrayal and is rewarded in you getting demoted or fired.
    Worked there for over 5 years , consistently achieved goals, trained new employees and helped institute many of the current operations at the center and there was never any recognition or promotion. Only favorites were promoted and as it stands, I understand everyone has been fired and there are all new staff.

Unfortunately, I don't think management ever listens, it would be great to see a company actually take some of this feedback and do something productive with it. In HR we call it "Change Management". So that is my advice.

It is a great experience and I love being a tutor.

Current Employee - Student Worker  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Student Worker in Houston, TX

I have been working at DeVry University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are several different pros. The first pro is that my boss is great and the second pro is that they will work around your school schedule. The third pro is that it is close and I enjoy what I am doing.

Cons

There are several different cons as well. The first con is that there is not a lot of room for personal growth. The second con is that it is only part-time hours.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!