DeVry University

www.devry.edu

Very redundant work, with no real incentives to advance.

ProsGood work-life balance. Good benefits, especially if you are looking to go to school. After 6 months of employment DeVry will cover 100% of your tuition and 90% of a dependents tuition.

ConsVery redundant work. Management tries to run the business as if it were a commission paying position which wouldn't be bad if it were a commission position but it is not. There is no incentive, but all of the pressure to perform. Many of the managers have very poor management skills, and since they are younger with no prior management experience, they tend to micro-manage, and do not know how to truly motivate their staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with some real incentives for performing well, and do a better job of vetting potential Assistant Directors. Do not promote Assistant Directors based on the number of students they register, but on the management, and leadership abilities that they posses.

A good company in a tough industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company has amazing benefits and strives to be the best in the industry. I believe that the professionals at DeVry truly care about… Cons: The media has not been kind to the for-profit industry the last few years. With as much effort as the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

teach anywhere else

Instructor (Former Employee) Tupelo, MS

I worked at DeVry University part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: your online course is already designed for you - so it saves you some… Cons: They have increased class sizes 50% in the last few years - but have not raised salaries. The workload is insane - and the… Advice to Senior Management: Get real with the pay...you want to increase teacher workload then you better increase the pay to align with it. How about putting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!