There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

In general a good place to work.

Former Employee - Administration  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Administration in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at DeVry University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Currently in 2013 there is now room for advancement and training that was not available before. Admissions department pay has been lowered, but so has the workload for a more balanced work life. Academic departments are more streamlined and not as confusing as it once was during the time of my employment there. If you have the right management in place, it can be a great place to work.

Cons

The problems can be favoritism which ran rampant during my employment period of 2004 - 2009. And accountability for one's own work, and plenty of management back door dealings that we're borderline libel. From what I've seen and heard as of now, some of those practices have been eliminated, or they have taken strides to get ride of it. Unfortunately, there are still some bad seeds in the company.

375 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Lots of overtime

Former Employee - Student Finance Representative  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Student Finance Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time

Pros

With all of the overtime, pay was okay. Benefits including health and 401K are very good. Able to roll over some vacation time and allow employees to buy more vacation time. DeVry is quick to promote within same department and give raises.

Cons

Some management is great others are horrible, depends on the departments. A lot of employees leave and then come back to company. I had to work 50 hour weeks in order to get decent pay. DeVry doesn't like to promote outside an employees current department. They would rather loose the employee all together.

Take a look at the salary range for employees, I don't believe it is in line with the rest of the industry.

student employment

I worked at DeVry University

Pros

Wonderful place to work that offers very flexible hours.

Cons

The workload was lacking difficulty.

provide more training for employees

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!