DeVry University

www.devry.edu
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

In general a good place to work.

Former Employee - Administration in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Administration in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at DeVry University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Currently in 2013 there is now room for advancement and training that was not available before. Admissions department pay has been lowered, but so has the workload for a more balanced work life. Academic departments are more streamlined and not as confusing as it once was during the time of my employment there. If you have the right management in place, it can be a great place to work.

Cons

The problems can be favoritism which ran rampant during my employment period of 2004 - 2009. And accountability for one's own work, and plenty of management back door dealings that we're borderline libel. From what I've seen and heard as of now, some of those practices have been eliminated, or they have taken strides to get ride of it. Unfortunately, there are still some bad seeds in the company.

416 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Lots of overtime

Former Employee - Student Finance Representative in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Student Finance Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time

Pros

With all of the overtime, pay was okay. Benefits including health and 401K are very good. Able to roll over some vacation time and allow employees to buy more vacation time. DeVry is quick to promote within same department and give raises.

Cons

Some management is great others are horrible, depends on the departments. A lot of employees leave and then come back to company. I had to work 50 hour weeks in order to get decent pay. DeVry doesn't like to promote outside an employees current department. They would rather loose the employee all together.

Take a look at the salary range for employees, I don't believe it is in line with the rest of the industry.

Advisor/salesman

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

decent pay for coming straight out of college and pretty good benefits

Cons

lack of experience on managements part...we're are sales men and and women selling a 72,000 dollar education to ignorant people who really don't know any better. Devry easily makes at least 8-10,000 grand on people who start classes and within a year drop out and are left with the bill. All the while, Devry still receives their money. It is a corporation who doesn't care about it's employees or the students. Meanwhile, Daniel Hamburger is making millions and becoming more greedy by the minute.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University