My DeVry Review

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping students achieve their educational goals.

Cons

For profit environment that really cares about money and not students future.

Realize your best asset are your employees - treat them with respect!

Other Reviews for DeVry University

Not much to gain from here

Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, great people to work with, lots of options for horizontal movement, plenty of locations to transfer to (Chicago area)

Cons

Very micromanaged in finance department, constant changes (downsizing, moving to new locations), limited vertical movement, poor training (you rely more on the people who have been here a long time to teach you things than you do from trainers or managers)

Provide better service to students by giving proper training to employees. As employees, we feel helpless and embarrassed that we can't offer more help to a student because training is so quick/generic and team leads don't know a lot of the answers. There is also poor communication between key departments, particularly finance and operations, which slows down how fast we can service students.

Long time employee, feeling dejected.

Current Employee - Assistant Professor  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people at the lower levels of education. Most full time faculty actually care about education our students receive. Lots of visiting and adjunct faculty feel the same.

Cons

Micro-management is the key rule for this organization. Everything boils down to dollars, with acadmics taking a back seat. Deans appear to forget where they came from; now focus on business issues and not academics. Appears that some adjunct faculty are just here for the cash. Lots of inbreeding as cronyism by management is apparent whenever new faculty are hired.

Put up or shut up! If you really care about the students' education, then practice that process. Bring back the nostalgic days of Dennis Keller and Ronald Taylor, gentlemen who knew how to run a business as well as an academic institution.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!