DeVry University
www.devry.edu Downers Grove, IL 5000+ Employees

Working at DeVry as an Educator combines both Corporate and Academic Experience

Professor (Current Employee)
Tinley Park, IL

ProsWork with Top-Notch, High Quality Faculty. On any given campus, Faculty have thousands of years of relevant real-world work experience, unlike schools with pure academics teaching. Students are above average, they work hard, and deserve the great jobs they get after graduation.

ConsDeVry is the premiere private sector educator. Others in the market space dilute the segment and give it a bad perception. The truth is that the education at DeVry is as good as the professors that teach there, who are superb and can stack up against any Ivy League school. The problem is that too many outside political powers have targeted private sector colleges to perpetuate the misconception that public schools are better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive Faculty more autonomy and opportunities to grow. The Faculty are the most mission-critical component of the organization. DeVry could not exist without the highly experienced and talented teachers that work hard to develop our students into highly functional contributors to our workforce.

Do not make this mistake- You will be stuck until you leave

(Current Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I work with Great employees/friends. Cons: I’ve never been associated with a company with such HORRIBLE upper-level management (president, directors, deans). The president has no trust in the employees and… Advice to Senior Management: Though you may have "control" you have zero loyalty. Employees across the line have nothing positive to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible

Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Get to work with students and improve their futures. Cons: Management is garbage. Support staff are enabled and disrespectful. Advice to Senior Management: Just quit and save us all the trouble No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DeVry University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DeVry University CEO David Pauldine. All reviews posted anonymously by DeVry University employees.