DeVry University

www.devry.edu

Working at DeVry as an Educator combines both Corporate and Academic Experience

Professor (Current Employee) Tinley Park, IL

ProsWork with Top-Notch, High Quality Faculty. On any given campus, Faculty have thousands of years of relevant real-world work experience, unlike schools with pure academics teaching. Students are above average, they work hard, and deserve the great jobs they get after graduation.

ConsDeVry is the premiere private sector educator. Others in the market space dilute the segment and give it a bad perception. The truth is that the education at DeVry is as good as the professors that teach there, who are superb and can stack up against any Ivy League school. The problem is that too many outside political powers have targeted private sector colleges to perpetuate the misconception that public schools are better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive Faculty more autonomy and opportunities to grow. The Faculty are the most mission-critical component of the organization. DeVry could not exist without the highly experienced and talented teachers that work hard to develop our students into highly functional contributors to our workforce.

A good experience as a job, take advantage of all the opportunities offered to you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The tuition benefit is great, employees are encouraged to take advantage of it There were several initiatives to promote… Cons: Health insurance isn't too great Advice to Senior Management: Rightsizing should the the last resort. As a sign of goodwill, how about pledging to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay Away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DeVry University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Money, Benefits, Education, you will build great friendships Cons: The management does not care about anyone but numbers Advice to Senior Management: Fire them all and rebuild top down No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!