DeVry University

www.devry.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

It was great, but hired wrong leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked as High School Presenter. Having the flexible schedule and working with student.
Technology in the Classroom Presentation as well as the Advantage Academy which they had in 2 states.
Discounts on grad schools.
Out of all the For-Profit schools they did it the right away. Accredited, and like any other
University.
If you are fresh out of college its not a bad gig

Cons

Too Many: ( Should have left at 4 years) Got suckered by the money
Redundancy in task.
Minorities were rarely promoted so unless you were a white male or attractive white female then forget it. The Current Director of Channel Admissions has never done admissions but they promoted her over the Hispanic bilingual male who has 9 years of admissions experience. So if you are white male they will keep you and promote you.

Poor Leadership. The University never made it a priority to track what students came from what high schools. When we went into the homes, we had a better understanding of where are students came from. When we went to the Presenter/ Closer model we lost that. As Presenters when Counselors asked what students from previous years classes were attending the University we could only say " I do not know." or " A few" but we had no idea.

Lastly the University opened too many campuses too quickly and never concentrated on the Quality of Life of the students. Athletics, Student Groups,etc. Just a new presentation does not answer the questions of " For- Profits Schools"

We went from 16 week classes to 8 week classes. 12 weeks would have been ideal but shoving too many classes into a tight frame.

Get rid of the people running your High School Program, Invest in your campuses from facilities, campus life and improving your reputation so the students will not only get hired but movies and TV shows will stop using the University as a punchline.

426 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Struggling company

I worked at DeVry University

Pros

work and life balance flex work

Cons

company is struggling to match is bottom dollar to top dollar

Really live and believe the company's TEACH values

It depends

I worked at DeVry University

Pros

Flexible, people and senior management

Cons

long hour and low pay

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University