There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

DeVry opened up many doors for me.

Current Employee - Federal Work Study
Current Employee - Federal Work Study

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a student worker, I was able to meet most of the faculty and employees on campus. Networking through them, I was able to interview with many other different companies and land a great job.

Cons

The school has made major cutbacks, failed at addressing enrollment and graduate rates, and are not able to meet the students' needs. (They are constantly adjusting which has helped to an extent)

Advice to Management

Stay in tune with outside communities and markets, so the school never falls behind.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

This is for Carrington College California, one of the trade schools owned by DeVry

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not punching a clock There are students that are incredible! Coworkers are great! Pay isn't bad

Cons

* Office culture is abysmal.. * communication is a joke. * Management seems to look through a macro lens at problems that are global. * Employees are reminded that your position has not to do with merit or successful students, but with the money the students bring it, ergo, keeping student satisfaction is the primary goal- not how they do academically. Which IMO is immoral, and an abuse of the students' money and effort. * Leadership is not present in every department, as there is consistently a high turnover. * Change that would lead to improvement is encouraged, then denied at every turn. * Pay needs to be better. It looks great on paper, but If you factor the 60 plus hours most employees put in, and the $150 monthly for health insurance (single person), then the rate is only a bit above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate priorities. Student education should be realized in quality vs quantity mindset, not the other way around. I'm afraid for my industry because the students that are coming out, are not prepared to work in their field, due to the changes instituted within the programs. These students are depending on us to realize their dreams, lets keep our focus them, and not how much money they bring in with enrollment.

ok

I worked at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits Helping Students Good Co workers Good technology

Cons

Yearly Lay offs Low Moral unethical practices horrible management No opportunity for growth

Advice to Management

Be truthful to your employees and treat them as if you would wan tot be treated.