There are newer employer reviews for Dealer Tire

How can you achieve 60% actual in person facetime?

I worked at Dealer Tire

Pros

By far and away one of the best reasons to work here were the other employees and the customer base. Successful sales are almost always generated by great relationships and they did make this easy.

Cons

Although when you are out in the field there is never a "forty hour" work week. There are many times when you are expected and don't mind going the extra mile for your customer and for your company. However, they may need to revisit the work/life balance for a happy productive employee and asking them to put in 65-70 hours a week expected for the same money doesn't seem to be such a wise investment.

Advice to Management

In an economy where you are not the only game in town, relationships are key to keeping and gaining sales and market-share. The old adage of sales cures all evils should be the mantra not how many entries someone notated in CRM to inflate their productivity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good training. good support personnel

Cons

Absolutely NO career path or growth opportunities.
    Limited females in leadership roles. less than 5% of ALL managers are women.

Advice to Management

Practice what your preach.

Smoke and Mirrors (And Unethical!!!) NEED TO READ THIS

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are what kept me there for 5 years. (Not management) It was very difficult leaving the company because you really develop great relationships with a lot of great people. (Again, not management)

Cons

Let me preface with this, and it is VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ!!! ... I know for a FACT that there is a person in HR who has gone on this site multiple times with multiple accounts to create positive reviews for this company because the overall reviews are so bad. Again, there is a person in HR who, unethically, tries to lure good talent in under false pretenses by creating fake accounts on company review sites to skew the reviews in their favor because overall it is so poor. Basically every positive review you read for Dealer Tire is a lie, it's smoke and mirrors.

Everything that the President and CEO have done to try and make Dealer Tire a good place to work for their employees has been decimated by the partner group and the very, very poor management (VP's & Directors) team that they have invested in. Which is truly a shame because I believe that Scott and Dean Mueller are great men who are very generous but they get fed false information and are shocked every year by Staff Scan results.

If you are thinking about working for Dealer Tire and are not being hired on for a management role you will agree with this review wholeheartedly within 6 months, I guarantee it. It happens to everyone, it's not specific to one or two departments it's across the board. And I'm not even writing this review as a disgruntled employee, I left on good terms. If you do decide to give this company a shot I wish you the best of luck, just pay attention to the amount of employee turnover in your time at Dealer Tire.

And everything you've already read about the lack of career growth is absolutely true... It is non existent. Whatever role you go in there with odds are it will be the same one you leave the company with. If you have any kind of ambition and goals in life just remember to use the company the same way they use you. Get as much training, experience, and develop your skills as best you can because you will be able to use them somewhere else for a company that actually appreciates and compensates their employees.

Advice to Management

This advice is directed to Scott and Dean Mueller - You need to start fixing the problem from the TOP DOWN not from the bottom up... (Although I guess I can't blame you if you continue to make money hand over fist every year...) You will continue to see poor results on staff scans with your current Partner group, VP's and Directors that are in place. I truly don't think you are driven by greed and the almighty dollar however if you don't do this than I am clearly wrong. I know that when you started out you both had a great idea for how you wanted your company to be, unfortunately over the years it has warped into a life draining force that drives people to misery and hating coming into work everyday.