Dealer.com
www.dealer.com Burlington, VT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Image is everything, but Dealer is not as their image exudes

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1) The Cafe - The food is decent (Although the prices are not consistent)
2) The Leed certified building is nice
3) Being in Burlington is nice

Cons1) Parking - this is a major issue. Not enough spots and it will be worse in the winter
2) Cafe - There are no set prices, so it's based on who you are and how large a portion they think you have.
3) Gym - Nice to have a gym, but there is no time to use it. Over worked
4) Payment - They grossly under pay their employees based on industry standards and their profits. However, they do boast about their benefits, which many people do not use.
5) Standards and consistency - There are none. Whether it's how much you have to pay for lunch or who gets what privileges. If management favors you, you will get promoted, extra breaks and other favors, while they look the other way. Promotions seem to be based on subjective reasoning. They don't look at skills, experience or even if you have a good personality. I believe management continues to hire more of the same because they don't want their own jobs to be threatened.
6) The this side and that side of the building. There is a distinct divided between the two sides of the company and it's based on how much you earn.
7) Dealer.com claims they have low turn over, but that is not accurate. They don't talk about all the people that have quit or that they have fired. If you look at the data, it's staggering.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would to be objective when hiring people. Stop acting self-righteous and belittling your front lines. Many of the current managers were hired because they were in the right place at the right time. It wasn't about their college degrees or experience, because most don't have them.

Change the company around and start setting some standards. I know Dealer.com is trying to avoid the corporate environment, but as you grow, you cannot avoid all the ways of the corporate culture.

Same job but new title and paycuts

Digital Advisor (Formerly Account Manager) (Current Employee)
Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com

Pros: Great people to work with Leed environmental building Cafe a bit expensive, but nice… Cons: Communication is horrible at every level Arrogant management style Reviews if you get one do not relate to your work Promotions based on good looks, youth,… Advice to Senior Management: Account Managers got a new title of DIgital Advisor. We were told the re-structuring was to improve customer support and Regional Dircectors would do the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It was a great place to work when it was small, but over the last couple years it's felt more and more like a sweatshop.

Java Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Dealer.com

Pros: great benefits (gym, organic cafe, wellness classes, ski-resort seasons pass discounts, etc.); decent salary; lots of… Cons: espoused "work-life balance" is a joke: even though wellness classes are offered and the gym is easily accessible, you'll rarely have time to make use… Advice to Senior Management: learn how to communicate not only positive, but especially potentially negative information, in a timely manner with the people you manage. proactively attempt to… More

There are newer reviews on Dealer.com.

Worked for Dealer.com? Contribute to the Community!

Dealer.com – Why Work for Us?

About Us Great companies start with an idea and an inspiration. Our idea was to make the car buying process better, faster and simpler. And our inspiration was technology. In 1997 that spark led Mark Bonfigli, Rick… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dealer.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dealer.com CEO Mark F. O'Neil . All reviews posted anonymously by Dealer.com employees.