Dealer.com

www.dealer.com

Read this review for the truth - some negative posts have bad motives

MGT (Former Employee) Burlington, VT

ProsThere are too many pros to list here but I will list some things I think are important to note. When I worked at the company I had access to my CEO every Friday in an open forum, this was amazing. Most of the negative reviewers have had either no job or 1-2 before coming to dealer.com so they have no perspective what a great tech company looks and feels like or even what a great career feels like. Dealer invests huge dollars and sweat into it's staff and the benefits are so deep i would need 20 pages more to list them out! As someone that didn't quite make the cut after over 5 years I hold no grudge on the company because I wasn't quite good enough to give the results needed in my position but I was exited with compassion and full understanding and I came away better because of it! The Leadership is not a bunch of parties either, they have families and take the growth and well being of the company very seriously but yes 2 times a year they hold large concert like party and probably 99% of the company not only attends but they let loose and celebrate their successes as a team and it's magical!! Some may drink at the party but the focus is on being together, laughing dancing and just having a great time. (Not sure why this is bad??)
The company invest hugely in training and in wellness for every employee that is willing and it's truly world class and rare! I have had 7 positions at various leading companies over the past 30 years and I have never seen such a strong commitment to employees. It's true that some middle mgt may be less experienced but the company recognized this over the last fee years and they has been working on improving that layer through training and recruitment (I should know, I was replaced and rightfully so) sometimes you just need to admit when you are not good enough to be on a specific team.

The bottom line is that dealer.com is a caring and world class company that has more ethics and compassion for it's people than any I have ever seen and they continue to grow and collect accolades as the best in their field in the world for that reason!

Most of these negative reviews are from upset former employees or current green employees that managed to interview very well but can't handle their jobs. If you are good at what you do and are a team player you will LOVE dealer.com and never want another career.

I'm sad that I can't be there but I'm very happy for the countless friendships I made and I love to see everyone when I visit.

Also some posts claim that clients are not treated well. Success, growth and thousands of raving fans can't be wrong, dealer.com is #1 in the world at what they do for a reason, don't believe a 22 year old reviewer that got fired because he/she didn't show up for work because of being hungover 1 too many times!

This is an amazing company and that's why you will continue to read more about them winning and making their employees happy and clients raving fans for years to come. PR doesn't making thousands of clients happy, great products and services do and that what this company provides.

Hope this review helped someone out there.

ConsThey sometimes need more parking spots but walking isn't so bad either.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve mid mgt and everything will continue to be great for you!

A very mixed bag

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, NC

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: The benefits provided to the employees have a wide and impressive variety, from the amazing parties to fitness classes, to community volunteering and other opportunities.… Cons: Due to such quick growth is seems management found those positions because they were promoted as the company got larger rather than from being trained… Advice to Senior Management: Cut some of the fitness classes and provide educational classes on technology (coding, web design, advertising) instead so we can make our employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I'd never recommend Dealer Dot Com to a friend

Software Developer (Current Employee) Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The only pro to working at DDC is the health care package. It's very good. Yes, you'll hear about fitness, a gym, and… Cons: The pay is not good. The demographics are definitely skewed to white and young. Once you begin to age, they pretty much shove… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to the new company that took over Dealer.com is to fire the entire company's leadership, from the founders and Chief Earthling all the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dealer.com.

Worked for Dealer.com? Contribute to the Community!