Dealer.com

There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com

Management highly irresponsible.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Burlington, VT
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Burlington, VT

I worked at Dealer.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The engineers I worked with were highly competent and super nice. A great, generous bunch of guys.

Cons

Management has let the network infrastructure rot for years. There was no disaster recovery site and key systems were not backed up. Production servers in California depended on systems in a VT server room which had inadequate cooling. There were frequent outages as a result of overheating.

The company has been sold to DealerTrack.com in Long Island so I'd think twice about moving to VT.

Stop taking systems admins for granted. Fix the horribly inadequate network infrastructure.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Dealer.com (View Most Recent)

Billing Operations Analyst

Former Employee - Billing Operations Analyst in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Billing Operations Analyst in Burlington, VT

I worked at Dealer.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Dealer.com pre-Dealer Track Integration and the company culture was great, very supportive of a work-life balance, and great management within the Finance department.

Cons

Cross-departmental cooperation was not always there and advancement opportunities became limited as the company continued to grow and recruit outside talent.

Make sure to retain the talent you have.

A very mixed bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits provided to the employees have a wide and impressive variety, from the amazing parties to fitness classes, to community volunteering and other opportunities. Since I have been there this company had a personal kind of feel, not just part of a corporate structure but that is going to be hard to maintain due to recent changes.

Cons

Due to such quick growth is seems management found those positions because they were promoted as the company got larger rather than from being trained in managing people. It is a struggle to advance or even change departments and no actual development or assistance provided to grow professionally once you are in a position (or training for your new role in some cases). Like any large organization communication can be hard, but there is also a lack of responsibility that has become more obvious as deadlines are crunched and professionalism is lacking. There is a never ending flow of work and overtime is expected in a salaried position making a healthy life balance impossible and rewards for working hard are not easily found.

Cut some of the fitness classes and provide educational classes on technology (coding, web design, advertising) instead so we can make our employees better. Peer review your managers and see which ones actually have the respect of their subordinates, that might tell you a lot.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com