There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com

Truly the best company I have ever worked for!

I have been working at Dealer.com

Pros

Relaxed work environment, amazing people, fantastic benefits, hard work

Cons

I work directly with our customer base and it is very rare to get praise or thanks from them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Dynamic atmosphere

I have been working at Dealer.com

Pros

The simple answer here is to rattle off all the amazing perks put in place by our leadership team. Beyond that, there is an energy in our office that is not comparable to anything I have experienced in my career. The buzz surrounding our cutting edge products and collaborative environment keeps me energized and excited about coming to work. I knew companies like Dealer.com existed but I honestly never imagined having the opportunity to work for such a company here in Vermont. I thought tech jobs like this only existed on the West Coast but I have been happily mistaken in that assumption.

Cons

Dealer.com has grown so fast that we have outgrown the huge LEED certified building we work in. Work spaces are cramped, meeting space is not always available when you need it and parking is a nightmare. These issues are all being addressed with a massive expansion into the adjoining building. We cannot break through the wall soon enough.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on retaining the existing customer base.

My company genuinely cares about the health and happiness of my co-workers and I.

Current Employee - Developer (Java) in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Developer (Java) in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com

Pros

When I joined Dealer.com, I left a good paying job with a compelling technical focus. Upon coming to Dealer.com, unsure of what was in store for me, I found this environment to to be much faster paced, more technically engaging, and leaving me with an extreme feeling of responsibility and accomplishment. Every one of my peers are driven and talented, and that makes every day very fun. It's really nice to be able to count on your peers to put in the same level of effort that you will towards your common goals. I love my co-workers. I learn from them, get help from them, can count on them, and really respect them. I won't speak for them, but I do try to reciprocate. Our management makes smart decisions. It should be obvious by the combination of two things, explosive growth in the company WHILE ramping up employee programs for work / life balance. I've seen companies make strong financial goals while squeezing the will to live out of their employees, but Dealer.com is doing it while breathing a whole new quality of life into their employees. We explore new technologies every day, we try to innovate, and we do it in a healthy and fun environment ... what more can anyone ask for?

Cons

I'm hard pressed to find downsides. I've had 4 employers prior and Dealer.com seriously looks to be best of breed. Every criticism I've had or heard in the past has been addressed here. I would say that the only thing (if you had to find something) would be the rate of growth has made it hard to keep a strong relationship with all co-workers, but we've taken steps help there as well.

Advice to Management

Keep making those great decisions that bring in the financials to support our way of life. Mark Bonfigli is a mastermind in creating a culture that makes us all want to live this dream and Rick & Mike bring brilliance to the execution of that dream. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.