DealerRater

There are newer employer reviews for DealerRater

Working at DealerRater

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team. Employees are appreciated and heard. Work life balance is terrific. The employees are TOP shelf!

Cons

Commute being in Waltham can be misery

8 Other Employee Reviews for DealerRater (View Most Recent)

Amazing company

I worked at DealerRater

Pros

I still would not change a thing about the experience. There are no mistakes only experiences. It is a private company run by a visionary so if his vision does not match my own and the efforts I put in, it was best we parted ways.

Unfortunately, and sadly enough if the management is not doing it intentionally it is quite telling about the culture created to see all the success franchise markets have while you bask in the glory of looking for a crumb or two - not of pizza though - thankfully there is enough of that to relieve frustration.

Cons

I wonder though if the CEO and owner realize the incessant rubbing of ones nose in others' victories in the franchise market is not really affirming and breeds contempt against those who do less intense work or come and go at their leisure but poke fun at you.

Actions speak louder than words - mine as well as yours.

Come work for DealerRater if you want no work life balance!

Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros – Free on-site gym membership, catered lunches on Monday & benefits from day one.

Cons

Come work for DealerRater! We are hiring anything with a pulse and telemarketing experience for our Sales team. We don’t mind if you don’t have automotive industry experience, or related online advertising/digital marketing experience, we will train you!

Although our training is mundane and outdated, and performed by a manager who has never sold the product, we will train you to sell our online reputation product.

For our Client Services and Customer Service teams, if you brown nose certain managers and go out for weekly drinks, you will surely receive a promotion within months of being hired!

We are inconsistent in our policies and pricing, and if you make 40+ calls per day you will be a super star regardless if you hit quota! Forget about prospecting your territory before calling into clients, its more important to make large quantities of calls versus quality calls according to our metrics plan.

We've designed our compensation plan to include an unrealistic quota, below industry average base salary plus monthly commissions.

This is not your everyday sales job; you will be expected to work more than 50 hours per week, put in the time on nights and weekends, even holidays. If you enjoy being micromanaged extensively, this is the place for you!

Pay attention when employee's both tenured and new provide insight into the actions of certain upper level managers. From an employee perspective, it seems you are turning a blind eye and don't value your employees opinions when they bring up their concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for DealerRater