There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

Could be better, a whole lot better

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule is great
Tuition Reimbursement

Cons

No promotions where they should be
People who work get punished for the people that don't
Communication

Start comminucation with your employees, even if we are considered to be on the bottome, changes effect us more than you think. Act like you care about your employees (even if you don't) every change you make from procedure to relocation effects us tremendously!

78 Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack Technologies (View Most Recent)

Satisfied, but not enough career development

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

*the people
    *interesting projects
    *relevance of work to real world

Cons

*not enough opportunity to develop and expand skill set
    *too many home grown tools, and not enough industry-standard tools

Invest in industry standard tools to keep up with the competition's QA teams

Great Company..Needs a bit more process management...some of the brightest developers

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

First Pro: Innovation and sharing ideas was always welcomed and in most meetings could be introduced with real consideration for the department leaders.

Second Pro: The product that dealerships used to submit the application was and will always be the best product created in this industry. The core of the company's service to dealers and lenders changed the auto finance landscape significantly. Having a solid, well recognized, reliable, and consistent product (the "App") enables all team members to believe at its core that DealerTrack provides a superior product.

Third Pro: Senior management. I always felt that all M&A activity was strategically sound and well executed given the ever changing landscape of the auto industry. The CEO is the main part of this third pro!!

Fourth Pro: Benefits. When I worked there, tuition reimbursement and gym membership reimbursement were great additions to an already solid package. The HR team went the extra mile with all company hosted events (marathons, picnics, etc..) I hope this is still part of the culture at DealerTrack

Cons

First Con: New hire training was inadequate given that the success of the company attracted outside talent. Unfortunately, I witnessed some great new talent leave based on the lack of proper orientation and training.

Second Con: Inadequate metrics to measure performance. This could have been more a function of the management that was present during my time, but there were various components to measure in the business dev/ client relationship departments (i'm not a techie) that should have been in place. Just because someone is busy, doesn't necesarily mean they're productive. There could be more thought put into creating 'measurable' goals.

I would look at the various departments and interview the managers and their subordinates on the question of "what is the vision for their respective department to accomplish in that month, that quarter, and that year." If you experience a significant variance on the responses of managers and their subordinates, I would advise implementing a more robust goal achievement and performance review system.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!