There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

A great company to work at, but a bad industry to be in right now.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Lake Success, NY
Current Employee - Project Manager in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

DealerTrack is a very diverse, intelligent, driven workforce. The majority of the people are well educated and hard working.

Cons

Automotive industry is currently on the downturn, so the prospects of growth are limited at present.

Let's hire more technologically savvy senior managers to help us implement new, innovative technologies to catch up with the leading software firms.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack Technologies (View Most Recent)

DealerTrack is a Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

DT's people are by far the best reason to work for this company.

Cons

The industry is in a tough downturn and makes for a challenging work environment.

Keep investing in your people and continue to push on cooperation between product teams.

Poor career growth and limited opportunities

Current Employee - Programmer
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

The starting pay scales are good.
    Dealertrack has a superior benefits package, the best of all is the tuition reimbursement program. It offers a reimbursement of $10,000/year on a university degree program. I believe that few companies match that amount
    Their bonus rate has been far excellent compared to the bonus rate in other IT companies where my friends worked.
    Dealertrack is an industry leader in its area of business, which is auto-finance. It has a good brand value in the retail automotive industry.

Cons

In the few years of my experience as a full time employee, I feel that opportunities for professional growth in this company are very limited.
    There is poor communication across departments. I'm a tech person and feel be to relegated to one distant corner without any need to know about the business side of things.
    At the end of the day, managers seem to be concerned only on the delivery of the products without sparing a thought on the career growth of the team members. There also seems to be a great disparity between team members in the opportunities they get.

The starting pay packages and benefits are good, but, you'd get some peanuts as pay hike every year.

Dealertrack is very slow to adapt new technology. In our department, we tend to spend too much time on the business as usual tasks than getting to work on new projects.

Please focus on the improving the career growth opportunities for the team members. The yearly HR surveys and interaction with the HR team are good steps to address the issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!