If you are #1 your employees should be paid as such-from Bottom to Top

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

You need a job as a stepping stone

Cons

Politics as usual- decisions are made for customers by people whom don't have any real customer contact-

Stop making site and usage changes before consulting with more customers and your support team-
Promotions should be based off merit and seniority
If you are claiming number one in the industry you should pay your employees number one Salaries based off not there title but there actual jobs

Other Reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

DealerTrack is a Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

DT's people are by far the best reason to work for this company.

Cons

The industry is in a tough downturn and makes for a challenging work environment.

Keep investing in your people and continue to push on cooperation between product teams.

Poor career growth and limited opportunities

Current Employee - Programmer
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

The starting pay scales are good.
    Dealertrack has a superior benefits package, the best of all is the tuition reimbursement program. It offers a reimbursement of $10,000/year on a university degree program. I believe that few companies match that amount
    Their bonus rate has been far excellent compared to the bonus rate in other IT companies where my friends worked.
    Dealertrack is an industry leader in its area of business, which is auto-finance. It has a good brand value in the retail automotive industry.

Cons

In the few years of my experience as a full time employee, I feel that opportunities for professional growth in this company are very limited.
    There is poor communication across departments. I'm a tech person and feel be to relegated to one distant corner without any need to know about the business side of things.
    At the end of the day, managers seem to be concerned only on the delivery of the products without sparing a thought on the career growth of the team members. There also seems to be a great disparity between team members in the opportunities they get.

The starting pay packages and benefits are good, but, you'd get some peanuts as pay hike every year.

Dealertrack is very slow to adapt new technology. In our department, we tend to spend too much time on the business as usual tasks than getting to work on new projects.

Please focus on the improving the career growth opportunities for the team members. The yearly HR surveys and interaction with the HR team are good steps to address the issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies.

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!