There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

Despite being in a tough market right now, DealerTrack is still holding down the fort!

Current Employee - Tech Support  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Tech Support in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

Desirable compensation/benefit package. Great people to work with, from management all the way down. Managment is very fair and I feel that I have been treated at all times with dignity and respect. The Job is pretty easy and I can usually get assistance when I need it. MOST people are above blaming others and actually act like adults in the workplace. Fairly flexible when it comes to scheduling time off, etc.

Cons

Tech support is a stressful job, and the fact that the products are constantly having issues doesn't help much. Training was far from helpful and left me without a significant edge to perform (although they are working on this). Little, if any chance to advance within the company at this time. Products that constantly have problems make unhappy customers!

When you decide to make major changes to company products and procedures, please do not put them in place overnight and tell us the next morning because we need to be informed- I could give SEVERAL examples of this. Also, stop locking dealers into a 3-year contract without an option to get out- you have lost hundreds of customers because of this. TRAIN all employees properly, and make sure you have money set aside to do this! We are the first person of contact when a dealership calls for assistance, therefore we deserve to be treated with dignity.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack Technologies (View Most Recent)

Good stepping stone but not a long term solution

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

Good stepping stone with decent benefits.

Cons

The inmates run the asylum here. A lot of mistrust between employees with management and people are promoted because either they had a prior "relation" with management or management want them out of their department. Good employees tend to stay 6 months to about a year before leaving for greener pastures. DealerTrack has ruined a lot of their relations with their Lenders and Partners through out the years because their My way or the highway attitude and broken promises.

Promote people who work hard not the people who kisses management's butt and don't have people skills.

If you are #1 your employees should be paid as such-from Bottom to Top

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

You need a job as a stepping stone

Cons

Politics as usual- decisions are made for customers by people whom don't have any real customer contact-

Stop making site and usage changes before consulting with more customers and your support team-
    Promotions should be based off merit and seniority
    If you are claiming number one in the industry you should pay your employees number one Salaries based off not there title but there actual jobs

There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!