Dealertrack Technologies

www.dealertrack.com
  www.dealertrack.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

Good company if you are not in IT

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Relaxed, casual atmosphere. Great coworkers. Pretty flexible with hours. If your field is not technologically based I would recommend Dealertrack.

Cons

Dealertrack is not a technology company. They acquire technology companies. Technological decisions are made by management and not by the engineers. Bad practices/solutions will be decided on by management and will be implemented by technology, Not a fun place if you like being creative or designing the best solutions.

Leave the engineering to the engineers.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack Technologies (View Most Recent)

I used to love being here.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is possible to get back on track in this company but leadership change is required.

Cons

We used to be a product focused, dealer oriented company and in a year we have become a sloppy, unresponsive and unmotivated software team. Product and development used to be partners. We used to develop features that made sense to the inventory market. We were innovative and passionate. Now it's just a job. There is no leadership that understands our customer and understands what our dealers need to succeed. Now our competitors benefit from listening to and learning from those that used to work here.

Please get back to who we were. Let's get back to being focused on what our customers want and need to run their businesses. Let's quit chasing the quick win and focus on being the best in the spaces we are in.

Extremely HORRIBLE! This is a "good old boy club" at the TOP! There are some original employees that RULE the business.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies full-time

Pros

DealerTrack has attracted some extremely good employees - They've also LOST a significant amount of these GOOD employees, due to the "work horse" style and burn out factor... This is the worst company to work for.

Cons

Senior Leadership - HORRIBLE!
    "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO" mentality
    They will dismiss you at the snap of a finger --- Longevity (or a career) is NOT like to happen!
    Some SENIOR leaders are bow to the demands of other "LEADERS" because they too are fearful of losing their status.

Change your leadership