Dealertrack Technologies

www.dealertrack.com

Mediocre company. Too many politics.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer  in  Lake Success, NY
Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Lake Success, NY

Pros

Benefits Ok. There is flexibility with working from home.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. There is very, very little communication between (or even within departments). Employees not located in New York are treated like second class citizens. DealerTrack is a software development company that is very slow to investigate or adapt to new software technologies...they often times have the blinders on too much.

For the most part, I'm very satisfied with my senior management. The one and only gripe I have is that the chain of command/department structure on paper looks ok, but in reality is very muddled.

Other reviews for Dealertrack Technologies

DealerTrack a Good Start

Current Employee - Content Developer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Content Developer in Portland, OR

Pros

Good entry level jobs for people without technical degrees. They are flexible when it comes to time off. If our stock would ever take off we all receive options when we are hired onto the company. In general people are pretty happy.

Cons

Its really boring. There isn't any room for creativity. Our stock has not taken off. It has lost more than half of its value from a few months ago. We depend too much on large contracts. Workload is quite seasonal. There is minimal communicaion between different divisions of the company.

Allow for more 'extracurricular' activities.

Was once a great place to work, but they are forgetting how they got to where they are at.

Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Decent pay, but that is starting to decrease.

Cons

No opportunity to move up. They do not promote from within. They have also changed our pay plan every year. Each year it get's worse. I think this will be a $75K a year job within the next 1-2 years.

Got out in the field and see what our customers are really saying. Many products have challenges and we have not spent the time to resolve these issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack Technologies.

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!