There are newer employer reviews for Dealogic

You can do better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Dealogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

OK work/life balance.

I don't consider free fruit a pro.

You will learn the basics about finance. You will also learn how horrible a company can be; it will make you appreciate your future positions/companies much more.

Cons

In general, employees are not happy. This stems from a lack of incentive structure and positive reinforcement. These are basic economic and psychological principles of which any solid management team should make use. If you treat your employees well, commend and reward a job well done, and incentivize desired behavior, you will have happier and more productive employees. In turn, this will increase employee satisfaction and decrease turnover.

Senior Management creates a stuffy atmosphere. Fear and paranoia are rampant. Employees are afraid to speak up and voice opinions - and rightfully so.

I'm not assuming that this happens frequently, but my personal experience was this: after reporting an instance of sexual harassment, I found myself in a very bad place. Rather than reporting the incident to Human Resources, over the coming months my manager did everything in his power to push me out or drive me to resign. I suppose the reasoning was not to solve the problem, but to eliminate the cause.This was a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Leaving was the best decision I ever made - I'm now happily working for a fantastic (competitor) company. If you're a current employee, learn your lesson and get out.

To Do List:

*Establish a Management Training Program
*Build an incentive structure
*Reinforce desired behavior

reviews filtered by
  1. Researcher

I worked at Dealogic

Pros

Things Free Fruit Mondays AND Wednesdays (during summer)

Cons

Company structure could be better

Just a Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Research Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Dealogic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, non stressful work environment.

Cons

No room for growth. Repetitive, tedious work.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealogic