There are newer employer reviews for Dealogic

You can do better.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Dealogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

OK work/life balance.

I don't consider free fruit a pro.

You will learn the basics about finance. You will also learn how horrible a company can be; it will make you appreciate your future positions/companies much more.

Cons

In general, employees are not happy. This stems from a lack of incentive structure and positive reinforcement. These are basic economic and psychological principles of which any solid management team should make use. If you treat your employees well, commend and reward a job well done, and incentivize desired behavior, you will have happier and more productive employees. In turn, this will increase employee satisfaction and decrease turnover.

Senior Management creates a stuffy atmosphere. Fear and paranoia are rampant. Employees are afraid to speak up and voice opinions - and rightfully so.

I'm not assuming that this happens frequently, but my personal experience was this: after reporting an instance of sexual harassment, I found myself in a very bad place. Rather than reporting the incident to Human Resources, over the coming months my manager did everything in his power to push me out or drive me to resign. I suppose the reasoning was not to solve the problem, but to eliminate the cause.This was a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Leaving was the best decision I ever made - I'm now happily working for a fantastic (competitor) company. If you're a current employee, learn your lesson and get out.

Advice to Management

To Do List:

*Establish a Management Training Program
*Build an incentive structure
*Reinforce desired behavior

reviews filtered by

Better Competitor Firms Out There

Former Employee - Senior Relationship Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Relationship Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Dealogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big kitchen, free fruit in office once a week, holiday pay, financial district location

Cons

Work life balance is terrible if you work in the ICM, institutional client management group. Managers don't help much in this regard. They're looking to use you for their performance bonus as a senior relationship associate. Managers themselves aren't knowledgeable about the basics of the group's products after being at the company for nearly 2 years! But expect you to be experts in 3 weeks literally! Many managers here spend most of their work hours browsing the net and making personal calls, taking 1.5 to 2 hour lunches with friends. Stay away from this group.

Products are faulty and not something to be proud of. Pay is low around $40k only. It's low compared to what you can get at competitors like IPREO, Standard and Poors, Factset, BD vision, Bloomberg and Reuters. The amount of demands management puts on you isn't fairly compensated in the salaries and there are NO bonuses here, compared to other firms that offer quarterly bonuses.

No one moves from their desks until 6pm, AND if you're lucky you'll get out by then. If you leave before 6pm, you're looked down on. The products have MANY glitches and errors every single week, and clients are NOT at all happy clients to work with therefore. You'll spend most hours hearing clients being rude to you on the phone or email. Some colleagues here are nice and decent people, but others are very unprofessional and DRAMATIC unnecessarily.

All in all, best to look elsewhere as many better opportunities are lie elsewhere. I moved on after several months of horrible work life balance here and unfair and aggressively opportunistic but lazy managers in the ICM group.

Advice to Management

Don't be lazy. spend your work time working and not using people on your team to prop up your own salaries. LEARN THE PRODUCTS.

2. Researcher

I worked at Dealogic

Pros

Things Free Fruit Mondays AND Wednesdays (during summer)

Cons

Company structure could be better

There are newer employer reviews for Dealogic