Dean & Company
www.dean.com Vienna, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Great job to get business experience out of school.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Vienna, VA

ProsReally smart and nice people. Interesting projects. Opportunity to learn a lot. Great place for a quantitative person to learn to apply his/her skills in business.

ConsUneven project flow, work hours vary tremendously depending on which project you are staffed on. Firm does not have the strong branding of the larger strategy consulting firms and upper management is more focused on the energy trading business.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on building more long term relationship clients.

Long hours, great exposure, dysfunctional management, negative working environment

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros: You will get a lot of broad exposure to lots of different industries and problems, and you will sharpen your analytical / quantitative and research… Cons: It is obvious to me now that Dean & Company has one of the most dysfunctional management teams out there. It seems that the VPs… Advice to Senior Management: Dean & Company should do a strategy case on itself. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great opportunity to develop your problem solving skills

Prefer Not to Disclose (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dean & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very strong staff -- junior and senior levels Tremendous learning opportunity High stakes problems and highly positive… Cons: Brand name is not as widely known Selected project mix given small size Different styles of senior management can be a positive and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep looking for opportunities to invest in and grow business Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dean & Company.

Worked for Dean & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dean & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dean & Company CEO James Smist. All reviews posted anonymously by Dean & Company employees.