Very nice call center

Former Employee - Associate  in  Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Associate in Wichita, KS

I worked at Dean & DeLuca part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great food
Great people
No dress code
Nice schedule
Learn a lot about food and wine
Pay is descent

Cons

When i started management was all over the place but after corporate fired them they found a great lady to take over.
I wish they would give you some kind of commission like the wine division does. You sell a lot of high end gourmet food and it would be a nice incentive to just get 1% of your daily sales.

Keep it up. I saw a complete 180 before I left. I really miss those people and the mac n cheese is AMAZING.

Other Reviews for Dean & DeLuca

Want to learn More about High end Gourmet Food?

Current Employee - Pastry Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pastry Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Dean & DeLuca full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work with are very lovely people. We work together to make the day as successful and fun as possible. The lack of food is never an issue. You are able to have an experience with each department, so that at least you might say you have a favorite everywhere in the store.

Cons

Its difficult to move up in this specific business. I have learned the hard way, that its not about how much you know and how long you have been there , and how well you work, but about having a good talk and knowing who to talk to first. Selling yourself is important .

You have more potential under your noses then you know, So use it don't abuse it .

It is an ok place to work but not for a future career.

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Wichita, KS

I worked at Dean & DeLuca

Pros

The job is relatively easy if you have ever done phone work before or worked in a call center. There is no pressure to rush the customer off of the phone and customer service is taught from day one. There are days that you can go for an hour and not have a call. This is good in a way, less stress but bad because with no calls, hours get cut. For the most part, they do try to accommodate any days you need to request off. Most of the working atmosphere is pleasant with the exception of a drama queen or two. The president of the company is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

Cons

Favoritism is extremely high with certain associates and you constantly worry what they are going to find wrong with you each day. When you are measured for your performance, some get measured or reviewed a lot easier than others. Some are reviewed pretty hard, but they ones that get reviewed easily are doing the exact same job as the ones who get reviewed hard. There are associates who consistently miss work and are extremely rude to the customer that are never addressed for their behavior. That is a rather difficult pill to swallow especially when other associates see the favoritism.

Stop supporting favoritism when providing feedback. The work place should not be your personal platform.

There are newer employer reviews for Dean & DeLuca.

Worked for Dean & DeLuca? Contribute to the Community!