There are newer employer reviews for Deb Shops

While the potential for success was evident, the internal processes, directives, and communications led to chaos.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Deb Shops full-time

Pros

Variety of merchandise and customers, potential for rewarding career

Cons

lack of clear directions, no accountability system, process for daily tasks not defined

Advice to Management

Markdowns and promotional changes need to be reformatted- a list of sku#s makes the process of identifying and locating the necessary merchandise extremely time-consuming and ineffective. Code the merchandise, have themes on tags so new products can easily be identified and placed correctly in displays. Install security cameras and gates- too much opportunity for theft becomes overwhelming on managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Deb Shops

Not Bad.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Deb Shops full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My Store Manager really empowered her assistants and employees to succeed. My co-workers were amazing. 40% discount. No credit card to sell.

Cons

Not the best quality clothes, but getting better. All the typical qualms of retail.

Advice to Management

My mgmt was fine.

2. Deb Shops (most stores) have a fun, and fabulously affordable sales atmosphere with outstanding customer satisfaction!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Altoona, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Altoona, PA

I have been working at Deb Shops part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers, as well as co-workers and products, are fun and great to work with. As a whole, the store is quite simple to maintain.

Cons

Some of the higher management are mostly "book-educated" and may not have as much personal experience or skill as the employees they manage.

Advice to Management

Work on establishing a cleaner interior environment designed to be reflective of a constant tone or style. Most stores are too simple to be appealing to customers (I have had negative feedback from customers about how the store itself has nothing to offer besides the product and friendly employees.)