Deccan International

www.deccanintl.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deccan International

no direction, stay away

I worked at Deccan International

Pros

great clients with a worthy cause, interesting programs that have the ability to make a difference, dedication to firefighters and EMS community.

Cons

poor leadership, poor training, lack of direction and/or experience from leadership, no review of quality of work, poor benefits and lots of employee turn-over (not too many have been with the company for more than a few years).

invest in more staff (not enough people, but more than enough work to go around), look into better benefits for your employees (paid health, family health program, retirement program...).

30 Other Employee Reviews for Deccan International (View Most Recent)

Please read!

Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Deccan International (more than an year)

Pros

Well, I've never been one to voice my opinion about things like this but the comments I've read are so slandered that I feel compelled to say that Deccan is not even close to a bad place to work. And no, I've not been asked to write this by upper management or anyone else, for that matter. Sure, Deccan has it's pros and cons. Right now it's undergoing a restructure (both logistically and with staff) but no company is perfect. And I'm happy to report that the company is listening to their employees and making some major changes to benefit the company as a whole. The company is restructuring to lighten workloads, create career advancement, improve benefits (they currently have one of the best health insurance plans in San Diego) and prepare itself for a major advancement in the industry. And I, among the many others, am on-board to be a part of this success. For those that give the Glassdoor merit, please don't let one toxic employee (who clearly has too much time on their hands) detour you from working with a talented and kind team and accomplish great things with the company and the fire departments in which Deccan serves. Although I can't speak for everyone's experience here at Deccan, I can tell you that I've enjoyed working here and am sure that most would like both the company, staff and management.

Cons

Hmmm....it's tough to provide negative comments after the clear bashing I've just read on previous posts. But, to give true prospects insight into Deccan, I would say that you have to be flexible. Like the fire/EMS departments we serve, "fire drills" come up, in which the employees are expected to rise to the challenge to help solve problems. You must be able to multi-task when needed.

Deccan is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Deccan International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked here for more than 8 months and was greateful for the work opportunity. Deccan gave me a chance when I was very new from college. The health benefits are really great now, and free for us employees. I read some bad things here and it sounds like the same person saying things over and over different months. I hear people say things are very much better and I like working with emergency responders and know that what I do matters.
    I love the axtra Friday off each month! and the owners are taking all employees and families to Disneyland in December which I could not afford to do myself.
    You have to be a good worker and work hard. If you don't like it here then leave. I will stay awhile and make difference and learn a lot from very smart employees.

Cons

The computers should be faster. Maybe some new laptops so we could use them at home sometimes.

When you can, analysts and programmers need faster computers please.

There are newer employer reviews for Deccan International