There are newer employer reviews for Dechert

Terrible Work Life Balance, Many people are miserable, little is being done to make it a better work environment.

Former Employee - Video Conference Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Video Conference Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Dechert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation was acceptable, benefits were expensive but comprehensive and perks were nice. Health benefits were considerably expensive for a family. Great for single individual. Plenty of days off, but most people have a lot of days because they don't have time to use them you are so busy.

Cons

Terrible work life balance, elitist corporate culture. I was not happy with my compensation, but most people are happy with theirs, great pay is possible there. If you are not an attorney, be prepared to be treated as a second class citizen.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly, do not create an environment where good is not acceptable and great barely makes the cut, reward people for hard work instead of constantly telling them to do more.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good training overall, but not too many mentors.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Dechert (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Good overall exposure to complex areas of law. Nice offices. Very good resources (like training, library support, etc.). Great cafeteria on site. Good support staff (paralegals, secretaries), although they were usually supporting at least 6 people, so did not have a lot of time.

Cons

Very poor morale among associates while I was there. Very little transparency from management. Bias against women. Not too many of the partners where interested in mentoring associates. There was a general feeling of job insecurity the entire time I was there.

Corporate Finance Internship

Former Intern - Collections Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Collections Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Dechert as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with the collections and billing departments mostly, good crowd. Cafeteria was above average. I've heard the pay is generous for actual employees. Christmas party was awesome. Had the opportunity to work on other things besides what was in my job description.

Cons

Boring work generally, they had trouble keeping people in lower level positions. That's about it.

Advice to Management

Mix up the work days a bit more. The office was usually pretty silent, and it was hard to stay awake with such a boring atmosphere.