There are newer employer reviews for Decision Toolbox

DT has been an opportunity to improve my recruitment skills, work with an amazing group of people, & have life balance.

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner
Current Employee - Recruitment Partner

I have been working at Decision Toolbox

Pros

Leadership: There is a feeling of community and support, which I think is hard to discover in a virtual workforce. They have established ways to get to know your coworkers and really feel as though you are part of a group, even if you are 14 states away.

Organization: There is an infrastructure in place that allows you to stay organized, view your progress on each search, and maintain your pace and movement throughout the projects that you are managing.

Cutting - Edge: The programs we use, the tools at our fingertips, our excellent writers, and amazing sourcing team are cutting edge. I have never worked with a system or group of people that is so advanced in how they approach recruitment and the tools we are given to make our recruitment process successful...every time!

Independence: I like being able to manage my own projects, work directly with my hiring managers, and really feel like I have taken ownership of the work I am doing. There are policies in place to nudge you if you are not hitting targets, but for the most part, the ball is in your court and you are trusted based on your abilities to get the job done.

Cons

Being a smaller company that is growing, benefits are something that they are working on improving and changing. There is truly the feeling that if something is bothering you, come to us, and we will make an adjustment, which they have shown over and over through my year of employment.

Keep it up!

51 Other Employee Reviews for Decision Toolbox (View Most Recent)

Flexible, coaching, supportive

I have been working at Decision Toolbox

Pros

This is a cloud company and we aren't expected to punch a time clock. We are respected for the professionals we are and trusted that our job is getting done. Decision Toolbox has won the Alfred P. Sloan award twice for workplace flexibility. We don't ask for time off, we inform them and make sure our work is covered. In addition, recruiters get to work on a variety of projects with great clients. We are paid by performance so if we perform well we are compensated very nicely! Resources are everywhere - from people to tools we have the support we need. The people we work with are top notch!

Cons

For many years employees didn't want to participate in benefits, now that we've grown more people do. The benefits were expensive. But, leadership heard our needs and in 2012 will be offering a great affordable benefits package.

Keep keeping us informed. It is so exciting to hear what's going on behind the scenes and learn about the direction of the company. Thank you for providing such a wonderful place to work!

cliquish, low pay, no work life balance, 100% commission, no benefits, no paid time off

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Decision Toolbox

Pros

Work from home, good tools.

Cons

The work place is virtual and everyone talks about work life balance but the company will accept low paying projects and the expectation is that you work long days and 60-80 hour weeks filling stupid positions for very little money. You will get paid a very tiny portion of what the company charges the client.

There is no base salary, nor benefits or even paid time off. More attention is given to admin work and less to actual recruiting. If you want to make even half way decent money expect to work in a recruiting sweatshop, 24/7, all days of the week. All the fireworks about how they are a US based RPO provider is just that a smoke screen to cover up the fact that they pay less than a recruiting sweatshop in Asia.

If you belong to the inner club, lucky you, you will get your choice of well paying projects and make big money, else except lowly hourly wages that work out lower than minimum wage.When you walk in through the door they will pull the wool over the eyes when you talk about pay. They will claim they are transparent but they are not. So be warned.

The cliquish few will come in here and write positive feedback and argue the negative ones. That is to be expected.

I quit after several months of working hard and getting paid next to nothing. The leadership gets rich not the recruiters who work hard.

Treat everyone the same. You have some really rude leadership, if they should even be called that, that have used quality as an excuse for nasty behavior.

There are newer employer reviews for Decision Toolbox