There are newer employer reviews for Decision Toolbox

Decision Toolbox is like no other recruitment company - it is THE BEST!
I cannot imagine working anywhere else!

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner
Current Employee - Recruitment Partner

I have been working at Decision Toolbox

Pros

flexible work hours
team spirit
ability to earn unlimited income
virtual work environment
leadership encouragement and support
opportunity to earn increased income as a channel partner
all you need is a computer and a phone!

Cons

not enough face to face interaction with the group
benefits could be better - no paid holidays - only 5 days PTO offered per year
projects are not evenly distributed to recruiters

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!
I like that you consistently improve upon your knowledge of our industry by attending leadership conferences, seminars, and workshops.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

DT is a company that is doing all the right things to help our clients be as successful as possible.

I have been working at Decision Toolbox

Pros

The work life balance is terrific. You have the ability to work for a dynamic company AND have the time to be involved in all the key milestones with your family. This company has the morals and values that were essential when I choose a new company. We work collaboratively as a team and celebrate each others successes. We provide a valuable asset to our clients and work closely with them as partners. You have all the support structures needed to be successful; contributing your piece of the pie. I will be here as long as they will have me!

Cons

Sometimes you can feel like you are on a island in a virtual environment. It is important to stay connected and build relationships to bring those islands together!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what makes us special. Weave that thread throughout the organization and keep the Decision Toolbox spirit and culture the same regardless of the size of our company.

Working at Decision Toolbox is like no other.

I have been working at Decision Toolbox

Pros

I've worked in Human Resources for several years. I've worked at the office and also virtually. For me, being able to work virtually is a huge benefit. It allows me to be involved in my children's lives, especially at school events. However I am also held accountable and have the flexibility to make up that time when it's best for me.

I use to work virtually for another company and felt very alone. There was practically NO support and very few resources were provided. I remembered thinking, if I just had access to "xyz" this would save so much time. At Decision Toolbox I make a request for a resource and often within that same day I have it. It is SUCH a breath of fresh air. Having the resources has allowed me to do my job to the best of my ability and decrease the amount of time taken on a given project. I felt very hindered before whereas now I have a toolbox of resources to use (no pun intended :).

Another great aspect of working here are the wonderful people I work with. They are seasoned recruiters. We bounce ideas off of one another. There are people I can learn from. And most importantly, I am not alone. Leadership always encourages us to reach out if we need anything. It's amazing to me the "team" feeling and relationships I have with my co-workers even though I may only see them once a year.

When I use to work in the office I was constantly bombarded by managers who wanted to "talk". For granted, this was part of my role working as a Human Resource Generalist. The problem is that I wanted to recruit and quite a bit of my time was being absorbed with impromptu meetings. Being able to work from home and focus on recruiting has been wonderful. Personally, it's a better fit for me.

The last best "pro" of being an employee for Decision Toolbox is that I'm given a wide variety of types of positions to work on. I can be recruiting for anything from a Design Engineer to a Software Developer to a Sales Manager. This opportunity really helps broaden my experience and expand my skills. It also makes my job more interesting and allows me to explore other industries I never had the chance to recruit for before.

Cons

As we've grown more processes have been put in place. At first I felt the culture starting to shift. However I feel like we are starting to turn back around and gain that back.

Advice to Management

Please work hard on keeping the culture the same. I understand that as we grow we need to become more defined. However the culture is one of the best things about working here and I would hate to see that lost.