There are newer employer reviews for Decker Communications

Best decision of my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Decker Communications full-time

Pros

- Some of the best people I've met and had the privilege to working with
- There's a lot of potential for growth both personally and for the company
- Management has a ton of experience in this field and is open to feedback
- The office culture is great and motivating
- PTO, 401K, and Comp are fair and competitive
- Amazing location
- If you're smart and willing to put in the time you'll succeed here

Cons

- The only reason I'm writing this is because when I was looking for a job I took Glassdoor very seriously and would have never considered a company with a low rating. In this case, I would have made a big mistake.
- Also, no one told me to write this (a feeling I got with a lot of current employee reviews)

- I don't have any advice that I wouldn't give face-to-face.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Decker Communications (View Most Recent)

Beware of Decker Communications who hire salespeople to get their contacts then fire them

I worked at Decker Communications

Pros

Base salary and commission are paid

Cons

Mediocre product that this company claims to customize this program for each of their clients, but they don't. All of their sales staff either quit or got fired in March 2014. The president is rude to the salespeople, thinks lowly of them and she can't help but show it. Also, NO LEADS are generated. This company doesn't know how to generate business.

Revamp your products and be nice to salespeople

This company presented itself as one of great growth and potential, but is sadly not one or the other.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Decker Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are very nice and friendly, but unfortunately, it’s just a facade.

Cons

This is a communications skills training company and the irony is that it’s key people lack any sense of communications skills, especially toward their sales staff. Their programs are mere remnants from the 80’s. Their total emphasis on improving eye contact by gazing into people’s eyes to be more effective, is not only outdated but proven to be irrelevant and even scary, according to the ever-growing savvy workforce. Other than their training programs, the managers are good folk who are happy to have a job, and who don’t understand the sales process. They operate in fear mode because they are intimidated by the owners of the company, so they drink their sorrows away during work hours. The President runs the company like a dictator and does not hesitate to put her husband, the CEO, in his place publicly. She will humiliate anybody who as much as crosses her path - and for any reason - you’re wearing the wrong color shirt, you write run-on sentences in your emails (yes, they screen everything), your choice of sales calls is not to her liking, anything. Basically, she doesn’t care if you’re a top producer or not. She is a highly emotionally-driven woman who bases ALL of the company’s important business decisions upon whether she likes you or not. The CEO, president, CFO and SVP will criticize anything you say, even in normal conversation, anything you write and even how you dress. If you are a sharp dresser and a top producer, you might come into this company with a certain edge about you. Ditch it or they will chop you down and ‘Deckerize’ you, as they like to call it. They want you only for your contacts and they don’t care about your expertise in sales or your relationships with your clients because they’re gonna get rid of you as soon as you put those clients in their system

Be nice to people and improve your programs - more importantly care about your clients

There are newer employer reviews for Decker Communications

Worked for Decker Communications? Contribute to the Community!