There are newer employer reviews for Decker Truck Line

Terrible company to work for.

I have been working at Decker Truck Line

Pros

Corporate offices are nice, except the building was poorly constructed.

Cons

No raises. Corporate culture that fosters backstabbing. Can not depend on management to make informed decisions. Human Resources department operates on the premise of inflicting fear on the company employees.

Advice to Management

Since the owner has decided to take a more hands approach to the company, its obvious that those that have been chosen to take up the mantle of running the company, have no clue. Bail out while you have the chance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disappointed

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Decker Truck Line full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did receive compensation for down time on loads and great home time, although they would get me in way too soon for my requested time off, which resulted in a short pay check the following week.

Cons

Have been here about 6 months. Have averaged only 2,100 miles a week. Now I know why the pay is higher.

Advice to Management

Better communication. I'm out of Fort Wayne, IN terminal. Can't usually get anyone to answer the phone if you call. Don't make promises you can't keep. I complained about low miles and was told they would fix it. All loads come to that terminal from the main terminal in Iowa, so my dispatchers aren't even really in control of anything.

2. Don't forget to bring lube

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Fort Dodge, IA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Fort Dodge, IA

I worked at Decker Truck Line

Pros

Just a stepping stone nothing more.

Cons

Lies after lies, was there for 8months flatbed driver. Pay sounds good but sucks . Your gone for a whole week and bring home what you would at a factory job. They promise everything but you will never see it. They know there loads are over weight but they will let you take the fall for it. Even if you weigh out and see your over weight they will have you pay for it.

Advice to Management

You guys need to improve everything from pay on down to treating your drivers with the upmost respect because they are the one making the sacrifice for you. And they don't get to go home every night like you do.