Truckline

Former Employee - Washbay Employee in Fort Dodge, IA
Former Employee - Washbay Employee in Fort Dodge, IA

I worked at Decker Truck Line

Pros

Being part time they had very flexible hours and paid pretty well for part time. closed on sundays, and only work every other saturday. Supplied 75$ a year towards work boots. had a uniform service that washes your work clothes. provided with rubbers for boots, gloves, hats, coats, coveralls.

Cons

very little increase in pay over 3 yr time period. no benefits

Advice to Management

It is almost as though there is a rivalry between departments. one department will be waiting on another to finish(kind of like an assembly line). this causes friction between people who should be working together.

reviews filtered by
  1. Terrible company to work for.

I have been working at Decker Truck Line

Pros

Corporate offices are nice, except the building was poorly constructed.

Cons

No raises. Corporate culture that fosters backstabbing. Can not depend on management to make informed decisions. Human Resources department operates on the premise of inflicting fear on the company employees.

Advice to Management

Since the owner has decided to take a more hands approach to the company, its obvious that those that have been chosen to take up the mantle of running the company, have no clue. Bail out while you have the chance.

2. Disappointed

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Decker Truck Line full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did receive compensation for down time on loads and great home time, although they would get me in way too soon for my requested time off, which resulted in a short pay check the following week.

Cons

Have been here about 6 months. Have averaged only 2,100 miles a week. Now I know why the pay is higher.

Advice to Management

Better communication. I'm out of Fort Wayne, IN terminal. Can't usually get anyone to answer the phone if you call. Don't make promises you can't keep. I complained about low miles and was told they would fix it. All loads come to that terminal from the main terminal in Iowa, so my dispatchers aren't even really in control of anything.