Deem

www.deem.com
  www.deem.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deem

Making a comeback and trying very hard

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deem full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It seems that the company is trying to put its best foot forward because things were not so great in the past ( I have only been here for six months if that gives any context). There are many employees that telecommute at least part of the time, so depending on your department it can be a fairly flexible work environment.

Work life balance is definitely whats happening here and I feel this comes from the Managers and down, so very positive about that. This is not some tech sweatshop. And most of the employees are in their 30s-40s. This is more of a mature technology company - not some early-stage company with 20-year olds running around.

The company also just raised a huge $50 million round and is going to be hiring lots of people to fill positions. Which means that there is plenty of growth potential.

The CEO is very gung-ho and loves to chat with everyone in the company. There are a large number of employees that I meet who have been here for 3-7 years, which is very rare in silicon valley.

Cons

There is a considerable number of higher level managers who work from home ( because they live all over the US - but the headquarters are in SF). I think its hard to connect with employees on the daily - when most of the meetings are over skype or conference calls/webex.

Also, we have a great office with amazing downtown views - we should be using it more for company events to get people excited about Deem and working in the city.

Have not really been here long enough to see any major weaknesses.

You guys/gals are pushing the company in the right direction. Keep talking with the various levels in the company and make sure they are all on the same page ( I know its hard with a workforce spread across the globe).

There are some amazing opportunities around the corner.

Oct 1, 2014Lead Recruiter

Glad to hear positive feedback and how much you enjoy working at Deem!

19 Other Employee Reviews for Deem (View Most Recent)

WORST COMPANY EVER!

I worked at Deem full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a lot of great internal talent, but it's just used properly.

Cons

nonexistent morale, leadership team starting from the CEO and down, don't value the work their employees put in to make this company a success, $500 million is funding and still can't bring in positive cash flow, layoffs every year and several times during the year, no direct or the company and always chasing the next thing, throw big company names around but never do anything with them (show for show) and to calm employee nerves, tons of shady things going on.

Board of Directors needs to man up and boot the ceo, start being honest, you're never going to re"deem" yourselves if you keep acting the way you do.

Oct 1, 2014Lead Recruiter

Thanks for your comment. We do indeed have top talent working at Deem and are rolling out a plan to make sure employees are publicly recognized for their talent and hard work, we feel this will also ... More

Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deem full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for several years in several departments. Leadership has recognized my abilities and drive, and I've been able to grow as an employee and even change my own career path for the better.

Excellent engineers. Eager sales team. Biz dev is visionary at times.

Well-positioned in the market.

Clean stack. Healthy release cycle.

Cons

In the past, the business would make painful partnerships that resulted in far too much custom work and vast scope creep. Thankfully, this has largely been resolved over the last year or so.

While I wish that every employee were more interested in how other departments function, I also understand that this is not always possible within large companies.

I would enjoy more formal training opportunities, but organic training has always been abundant.

I would ask that management hold all employees to a slightly higher standard. I think Deem employees work hard, but I think some could actively aim to work smarter and ask "why" more.

Oct 1, 2014Lead Recruiter

Thanks for your positive insights! It's refreshing to hear you believe in Deems vision and we always welcome suggestions to strengthen our employees opportunities for personal and professional growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Deem