Del Amo Hospital

Del Amo Hospital needs a management makeover

Former Employee - Department Director  in  Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Department Director in Torrance, CA

I worked at Del Amo Hospital

Pros

Feels like a big family

Cons

underpaid and understaffed compared to industry standard. Very disrespectful management staff

Do yourself and your staff a favor. Resign. You have double standards, unethical and play favorites. Much of what goes on as far as management decisions based on emotion and not team lead common sense decision. Seem to reward incompetence. Management felt giving a "gift" if allowed to take time off (21 days per year including, sick days, holidays and "flex days" which are days we were asked to go home and use PTO even for those of us who had worked there for over a decade. Upper management could do what they wanted however) expected to work long hours in management positions with little or no recognition and informed, "management should not expect pats on the back". Strongarmed in to giving money for events, charity, parties and to attend numerous events called "service excellence" Other managers afraid to speak up as would be painted as "trouble makers" and thus be shunned and eventually pushed out.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Del Amo Hospital (View Most Recent)

intern

I have been working at Del Amo Hospital as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot for the few months I was there, most of the employees were nice. Good hours and the person who I worked for was really nice and supportive.

Cons

A bit intimidating considering it is a psychiatric hospital but this is not really a con just something you have to get used to.

More projects for interns to do instead of a lot of busy work such as copies etc.

It's okay

Former Employee - Per Diem  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Per Diem in Torrance, CA

I worked at Del Amo Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

Claims that they have a low staff turnover. I don't know if that's true. You get good PTOs. You may get recognized and get promotion, but after if you work there for a year or more, which is typical. I think you can grow with this company.

Cons

The pay is "okay". For interns and per diems, interns do not get paid, per diems/temps get paid low i think and they can end your assignment without a 2week notice, per diems/temps do not get benefits. also their location is not near any freeways.

recognize your staff more

There are newer employer reviews for Del Amo Hospital

Worked for Del Amo Hospital? Contribute to the Community!