Corporate America in restaurant form

Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group

Pros

You're fed twice a day. The guests enjoy our product. High bills and high tippers. Very busy restaurant. Emphasis on wine knowledge.

Cons

It's a boys club. They favor the men over the women. Favoritism is at an all time high. They draw the line in the sand between the "important" people and the people who aren't worthy as human beings. Employees constantly throwing others under the bus to better their position.

Advice to Management

Try to not make it look like you're playing favorites.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It is a circus of empty promises, propaganda, overpriced everything, and self denial.

Former Employee - FOH in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - FOH in Boston, MA

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group

Pros

You can network with others to help further your career after you quit or are fired. They feed you twice a day, uniforms are supplied, you are constantly meeting new employees, and they usually resolve paycheck disputes in under a week.

Cons

Paychecks are constantly wrong. Request time off is based on favoritism. Telling on your fellow employees is encouraged. No job security. Non-rotational seating and sections. Individuality is discouraged.

Advice to Management

Stop stealing other restaurants employees.

Exceptional

Current Employee - Dining Room Manager
    Current Employee - Dining Room Manager

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love it. I started serving and have been a manager 5 years. Exceptional communication between the home office and the stores. Great feedback- bonus structure and ample recognition of hard work. The restaurant business is tough, and I would not be in this industry for any other company. Good work/life balance (for the biz).

Cons

None that are controllable. The odd hours/ weekends/ holidays are standard for the industry and can hardly be counted against the company. Close early on some holidays and later on others. It's all pretty fair.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Great culture. I always feel respected even when I'm being driven to do better.