There are newer employer reviews for Del Taco

I do the jobs of 3 people and get paid less than one of the people should get.

Current Employee - Shift Manager
Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Del Taco

Pros

The economy sucks and the company is still growing. People like cheap food so at least its a stable income. The company has good ideas behind the business. They offer something that no one else does, and it has made them successful.

Cons

The biggest downside to Del taco is also the economy. Management knows that the job market is tough so they get away with skimping on labor and demanding more from their employees than they should. And in return they don't have to offer benefits cause they know people will work there any way.

Management has the toughest job in Del Taco because they get caught between the employees that they know are struggling and the corporate side that is growing and expanding. The managers at least where Im at aren't earning what most managers make. But its enough to make the job worth keeping. The biggest advise i have to any manager at Del Taco is make it fun. That makes everything worth it. Del Taco is not a bad company. They are just smart enough to get the most out of a tough economy.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Del Taco (View Most Recent)

Good, just not much opportunity for advancement

I have been working at Del Taco

Pros

Co-workers are wonderful, food is great, and the work schedule is flexible if you already have another job or for personal reasons.

Cons

There is not much opportunity for advancement, once you make shift manager you are pretty much stuck there and the pay is bad compared to other restaurants.

Need to be competitive with pay when compared with other fast food places and treat the employees better. Other than that everything is good.

I have fun because many of my co-workers are nice and fun to work with.

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Del Taco

Pros

the give many flexible hours. it is usually a very friendly environment. It is also fairly easy to work there.

Cons

The schedule may get changed and no one will notify you. When we get new items and promotions no one explains them to you before you start working.

You need to better train employees on new items and promotions before they start working. Also better discipline for those who are skipping work and calling out for no good reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Del Taco

Worked for Del Taco? Contribute to the Community!