Delaware North Companies

A love/hate relationship

Current Employee - Guest Services in Fish Camp, CA
Current Employee - Guest Services in Fish Camp, CA

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros

A lot of amenities of the hotel are offered to employees for special events
Good pay
All the people within the lodge are great to work with
Greenpath
GuestPath big spin for rewards (gift cards, cash, hotel amenities, yosemite activities)
Allstar rewards for employee recognition
DNC properties around the world(transfer to locations, discounted rates ect)
The love that I have for this company comes simply from the comitment and years I have put in as well as my fellow team members

Cons

Everywhere you look in employee materials say great opportunities for advancement but they are rare and far between, let alone ypou better hope you don't get passed up for the managers friend.
Upper & Senior management kind of do whatever they want with no regards to the employees or the affect it will have on the departments.
I have been passed up for promotions more than once buy someone who doesnt know what their doing but was friends with the manager.
I understand that the hospitality industry fluctuates therefore you cant have set schedules but the way the schedules are are ridiculous. They come out 2 days prior(if your lucky) to when the new week is supposed to start and a lot of times there's turn arounds split days no consistency at all. It especially frustrating when certain employees like nights but get put on mornings and others like mornings but get put on nights but no switching is allowed.
They have HR focus meetings to see where management can improve but it goes no where.
There isnt even a brochure on the activities offered and if there were we would probably never have them in stock as with the rest of the brochures here.
Management sits in their office and has no idea what is actually happening on the floor
Lack of communication between departments

180 Other Employee Reviews for Delaware North Companies (View Most Recent)

Delaware North hurts your soul

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yosemite National Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yosemite National Park, CA

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros

yosemite attracts cool climbers and other interesting adventurers to meet but this has nothing to do with dnc, yosemite's brilliance cannot be stifled by the greed of major corporations

Cons

its hard to imagine a company could bring so much negative energy to a place as magical as yosemite. i live and work in yosemite so i can climb, and i love yosemite more than anywhere i've ever been, but wow dnc really takes my utmost compassion and patience to deal with.

its obvious they are a classic corporation out to make the most money by any means possible. they flaunt a guestpath program but do nothing to make their employees feel comfortable and happy. once in a while you might receive a "guespath card" that you can save for the "carnivale de rewards" which was one of the most embarrassing events i've ever been to. it was a slap in the face. we don't want/need a carnival, we just want to be trusted, appreciated and respected.

the greenpath program is a joke, pure marketing brilliance. i worked in housekeeping for a while and the amount of waste is staggering.

i know we all have much love for yosemite, so please lets all work together to either help this corporation see the error of its ways and change, or simply give them the boot.

study the meaning of compassion and pass it on the your employees, if you trust them and honor them they will respect you and be proud to work for you. right now its all an act

Worst job ever

Current Employee - Concessions in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Concessions in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros

Looks good on your resume

Cons

They hire incompetent leads that wouldnt try and take advantage of you if you are new.
     Its very hot with no fans and little breaks
    You try and go to hem with a issue its in one ear and out the other
    The pay is very unreasonable
    You work to hard for 89.00 checks