It's a good place to work with job security. Would prefer more advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hamburg, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, NY

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros

Good benefits, area discounts, job security.

Cons

Sometimes with a larger company, the top of the totem pole forgets about the bottom. Sometimes political when it comes to promotions as with any job.

To be more open minded and willing to listen to their employees.

Other Reviews for Delaware North Companies

A growing experience in customer service.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros

The hours are excellent as well as the salary. The management is easy to speak with and continuously updates employees on changes, news and results.

Cons

The management tends to lack in supplying the stands with the proper products needed. Also, there are often shortages on product which leads to unsatisfied customers.

There needs to be better communication between the stands and the management to ensure that the stands are well equipped before an event.

A love/hate relationship

Current Employee - Guest Services  in  Fish Camp, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Fish Camp, CA

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros

A lot of amenities of the hotel are offered to employees for special events
    Good pay
    All the people within the lodge are great to work with
    Greenpath
    GuestPath big spin for rewards (gift cards, cash, hotel amenities, yosemite activities)
    Allstar rewards for employee recognition
    DNC properties around the world(transfer to locations, discounted rates ect)
    The love that I have for this company comes simply from the comitment and years I have put in as well as my fellow team members

Cons

Everywhere you look in employee materials say great opportunities for advancement but they are rare and far between, let alone ypou better hope you don't get passed up for the managers friend.
    Upper & Senior management kind of do whatever they want with no regards to the employees or the affect it will have on the departments.
    I have been passed up for promotions more than once buy someone who doesnt know what their doing but was friends with the manager.
    I understand that the hospitality industry fluctuates therefore you cant have set schedules but the way the schedules are are ridiculous. They come out 2 days prior(if your lucky) to when the new week is supposed to start and a lot of times there's turn arounds split days no consistency at all. It especially frustrating when certain employees like nights but get put on mornings and others like mornings but get put on nights but no switching is allowed.
    They have HR focus meetings to see where management can improve but it goes no where.
    There isnt even a brochure on the activities offered and if there were we would probably never have them in stock as with the rest of the brochures here.
    Management sits in their office and has no idea what is actually happening on the floor
    Lack of communication between departments

There are newer employer reviews for Delaware North Companies.

Worked for Delaware North Companies? Contribute to the Community!